Rain/snow a problem on raptors in the midwest??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

33maddog33

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm looking at buying my first raptor, but i live in iowa. I've read a few other places that the under sides of the raptor rust easily due to snow/rain. Is this true, or are these just haters???? Thanks so much!!

Waddy

Reaction score
I'm in Texas, just bought a 2013, no rust issues here.

Good rule of thumb is to buy vehicles from the South, Cali, Texas, Florida, if you can.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
33Maddog33,
Raptors have composite hoods, and front fenders...they will never rust. The first generation Raptors are largely steel everywhere else. The second generation Raptors the frame is still steel, but everything else is aluminum.
The Raptors of both generations have no predilection for corrosion compared to any other trucks.
Haters are usually jealous!

Eddie

OP
OP

33maddog33

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm ordering a black one today!!! Super pumped to get it in April/May:)

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Salt corrodes, simple as that. The Raptor's undercarriage rusts no more/no less than a typical F150, from my understanding. The easiest way to prevent corrosion is to wash it frequently -- Especially when there's salt on the roads.