Quick Help, going to buy today...hopefully

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheNewb

Reaction score
I read the buying used sticky and the camadian version threads. Just looking for tips and insight on this one in Denver.
http://www.brightonfordco.com/used/Ford/2012-Ford-F-150-near+Denver-Colorado-a5fbf90f0a0e0ae73625ab4b157da915.htm?searchDepth=1:1

Going in a little bit to check out and hopefully buy, any advice helps.

They offered what I was asking for in trade and think I can move em another 1,500 on their truck so price wise I think im there.

Nervous about canadian title not sure if thats valid.

Oh, and hello everyone, been stalking awhile, seems like a quality forum!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I read the buying used sticky and the camadian version threads. Just looking for tips and insight on this one in Denver.
2012 Used Ford F-150 Near Denver in Brighton CO

Going in a little bit to check out and hopefully buy, any advice helps.

They offered what I was asking for in trade and think I can move em another 1,500 on their truck so price wise I think im there.

Nervous about canadian title not sure if thats valid.

Oh, and hello everyone, been stalking awhile, seems like a quality forum!

Used 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Truck SuperCrew Cab 8 Near Denver

Low miles, not bad.

Check the engine over. Run it with the hood up, listen for any slight whinning. Jump in leave the door open, rev the engine and turn the steering wheel, if you hear any whine, the power steering pump is about to go.

Drive it in revers, listen for any click click click... the drive shaft splines need to be greased.

Check the four wheel drive. If you can, get it into a gravel parking lot or a place with soft sand / snow / grass. Cut the wheel all the way and give it a bit, see if you hear any popping. The IWE is going if you do.

If you want to get crazy, pull the rear seats down or try to look behind the rear cab padding. If you see what looks like water marks running down. The third brake light is leaking when it rains.

Verify that all the exterior LED lights work. Three in the grill and three across the third brake light. Plus the ones at each corner.

All little know issues of the truck, and very fixable. Since this has such low miles, you're probably ok. Good luck. :driver:

Oh, check that the spare tire is there, and it has a matching wheel
Check that the owner's manual is there
Check that the stock jack is there under the back seat.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

a few more...

Pull fuse 27, make sure it's not burnt looking. Ask them to do the tsb before you buy it.

Looks like the middle head rest in the back is missing.

Looks like some sort of red and blue wires running under the hood? Check those out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TheNewb

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, just got called into work, hoping to make it later tonight.

Will update then!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Used 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Truck SuperCrew Cab 8 Near Denver

Low miles, not bad.

Check the engine over. Run it with the hood up, listen for any slight whinning. Jump in leave the door open, rev the engine and turn the steering wheel, if you hear any whine, the power steering pump is about to go.

Drive it in revers, listen for any click click click... the drive shaft splines need to be greased.

Check the four wheel drive. If you can, get it into a gravel parking lot or a place with soft sand / snow / grass. Cut the wheel all the way and give it a bit, see if you hear any popping. The IWE is going if you do.

If you want to get crazy, pull the rear seats down or try to look behind the rear cab padding. If you see what looks like water marks running down. The third brake light is leaking when it rains.

Verify that all the exterior LED lights work. Three in the grill and three across the third brake light. Plus the ones at each corner.

All little know issues of the truck, and very fixable. Since this has such low miles, you're probably ok. Good luck. :driver:

Oh, check that the spare tire is there, and it has a matching wheel
Check that the owner's manual is there
Check that the stock jack is there under the back seat.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

a few more...

Pull fuse 27, make sure it's not burnt looking. Ask them to do the tsb before you buy it.

Looks like the middle head rest in the back is missing.

Looks like some sort of red and blue wires running under the hood? Check those out.
Damn, after reading all that, I might have to sell mine, lol

Good luck with the purchase and welcome, keep us posted!

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think those lines on the hood look to be for after market lights. Trace them and see what u have. Look at the car fax and Make sure the miles add up. I passed up on a terrain with 20k less miles on it because the inconsistency of the miles it read on the truck than the paper work showed.

OP
OP
T

TheNewb

Reaction score
I think those lines on the hood look to be for after market lights. Trace them and see what u have. Look at the car fax and Make sure the miles add up. I passed up on a terrain with 20k less miles on it because the inconsistency of the miles it read on the truck than the paper work showed.

At work dying to go check it out. Carfax mileage matches, albeit isn' t reported until it gets to auto auction late last year. One of the lines on the auto check (in original sale link) is off but seems more clerical than anything, only by 50 miles I think.

So no one would have an issue with it being a Canadian truck originally?

Already got my financing set-up, just trying to get out of office and over there, they close at 8MST.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At work dying to go check it out. Carfax mileage matches, albeit isn' t reported until it gets to auto auction late last year. One of the lines on the auto check (in original sale link) is off but seems more clerical than anything, only by 50 miles I think.

So no one would have an issue with it being a Canadian truck originally?

Already got my financing set-up, just trying to get out of office and over there, they close at 8MST.
auction truck? wrecked or repo'd usually. text me if you want me to come up tomorrow to look at it. (831) 254-7562