purchasing used Raptor? help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i am looking to purchase one of these trucks but im unsure of which one to get. Their is a 2011 white one with a 6.2 Liter with 83,000 miles not fully loaded for a price of $36,000 than their is a 2010 red 5.4 liter with 63,000 miles on it, fully loaded with navigation, back up camera and a LINE-X spray on bedliner for $34,000. Both trucks have suicide doors. Help!

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a 2010 especially with a 5.4 resale will be much better on 2011 with a 6.2

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree, get the 6.2 litre and you can always upgrade the head unit with nav if needed or use your phone mount with sync to direct you to the nearest desert road!

OP
OP
R
Reaction score
I don't really need all that navigation and back up camera stuff anyway I drive a 2011 Camaro SS with neither of those and just use my phone for navigation. I'm just a little worried about the high miles on the truck. Is the 6.2 reliable for a long time? I'm not looking to go crazy with this truck and run it into the ground.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

I'm gonna try to talk the ford dealership down in price

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is always room to move in the price!! I have over 70k miles on mine, but most of it is highway driving on trips,etc. Full inspection by another dealer or reputable shop is always a good investment for the $$$ . Crawl under the truck and see how clean it is. Always a good plan too!

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the 6.2L when you pull the trigger. And look around a lot. It was rare to see a new one on dealer lots a few years back but now I see these used car auto malls proudly displaying "A Raptor".....covered in a foot of snow on their lot

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the 6.2L when you pull the trigger. And look around a lot. It was rare to see a new one on dealer lots a few years back but now I see these used car auto malls proudly displaying "A Raptor".....covered in a foot of snow on their lot

Probably because no one wants to buy them at a $10k+ markup after the '17 Raptor was announced..