Purchase experience - Colorado/Ohio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IronMountain

Reaction score
Hi,

So I started looking in early December for a Raptor after doing research on this site and anything else I could find online. Talked to a few friends who have friends with them and in all that research never heard one bad thing about the truck aside from no V8 sound which was not a major drawback for me.

I first looked at O'Meara Ford since the Ford site showed they have inventory. They would not even start a truck for me, they would have taken me for a test drive had I said I would buy that day. I was able to sit in one. Their across the board ADM was $25K though the salesman admitted he had seen them go for "as low" as $18k over MSRP. I left.

The dealership closest to me is Sil-Tehar Ford. They had no inventory but thought they could get a order in. They charge $1.5k over MSRP but include some clear-bra, tinting, and Line-X. My salesman was Scott Peterson and I likely would have done the deal there if I was going to order.

I checked out Lakewood Ford and they had the exact truck I wanted. It was a custom order that got refused because it had 51 miles on it when they came to check it out. This was near the end of the year and I told them that I would not do over MSRP and they indicated it was possible but there was a number of people interested in it. It sold the next morning for over MSRP.

Phil Long Ford was close by so I went there after Lakewood Ford. They have a bunch of inventory all $10K over MSRP. I worked with Jonathan Odendahl and he was great and even took me for a test drive. He indicated there was some flexibility in the pricing but most of the trucks they have they got from other dealers at $3K or more over MSRP. He did have two allocations and I got the impression that a MSRP order was possible. So depending what your needs are give him a call.

I emailed/called two other Colorado dealers and they were both $5K over even when I told them I was buying a truck in the next couple days.

In doing research I had used Raptorfinder to see what inventory was like and since I figured I would be buying out of state I bought some credits. I found the exact truck I wanted at 7 dealerships. I contacted them all. Florida - Sold, Florida - modified, Georgia - $1.8k over, Michigan - never replied, Texas - $2k over, Ohio - MSRP, and Ohio - MSRP.

Mike Bass Ford near Cleveland was great, Justin Demyan provided good communication and was at MSRP from the start. Contact him if they have the truck you want.

I decided on Brondes Ford near Toledo. Jeff Barnes was my salesman and communication was also great. I picked them because the deal was slightly better and the flight costs and logistics of getting there was a bit better than Cleveland.
I flew into Detroit, they picked me up, checked out the truck, did paperwork, and was on my way back to Colorado. It really could not have gone more smoothly. Give Jeff a call if you are looking for a a Raptor, apparently they sell mostly duallys to horse folk but when they have Raptor they stick around for only 7 to 10 days. Mine was a custom order that was refused because it had the appliqué by mistake. I just happened to contact Jeff a couple hours after the customer refused the truck.

6 days now and am still smiling. Amazing road trip vehicle and once back here in Colorado I am starting to experience its capabilities over more varied terrain.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi,

So I started looking in early December for a Raptor after doing research on this site and anything else I could find online. Talked to a few friends who have friends with them and in all that research never heard one bad thing about the truck aside from no V8 sound which was not a major drawback for me.

I first looked at O'Meara Ford since the Ford site showed they have inventory. They would not even start a truck for me, they would have taken me for a test drive had I said I would buy that day. I was able to sit in one. Their across the board ADM was $25K though the salesman admitted he had seen them go for "as low" as $18k over MSRP. I left.

The dealership closest to me is Sil-Tehar Ford. They had no inventory but thought they could get a order in. They charge $1.5k over MSRP but include some clear-bra, tinting, and Line-X. My salesman was Scott Peterson and I likely would have done the deal there if I was going to order.

I checked out Lakewood Ford and they had the exact truck I wanted. It was a custom order that got refused because it had 51 miles on it when they came to check it out. This was near the end of the year and I told them that I would not do over MSRP and they indicated it was possible but there was a number of people interested in it. It sold the next morning for over MSRP.

Phil Long Ford was close by so I went there after Lakewood Ford. They have a bunch of inventory all $10K over MSRP. I worked with Jonathan Odendahl and he was great and even took me for a test drive. He indicated there was some flexibility in the pricing but most of the trucks they have they got from other dealers at $3K or more over MSRP. He did have two allocations and I got the impression that a MSRP order was possible. So depending what your needs are give him a call.

I emailed/called two other Colorado dealers and they were both $5K over even when I told them I was buying a truck in the next couple days.

In doing research I had used Raptorfinder to see what inventory was like and since I figured I would be buying out of state I bought some credits. I found the exact truck I wanted at 7 dealerships. I contacted them all. Florida - Sold, Florida - modified, Georgia - $1.8k over, Michigan - never replied, Texas - $2k over, Ohio - MSRP, and Ohio - MSRP.

Mike Bass Ford near Cleveland was great, Justin Demyan provided good communication and was at MSRP from the start. Contact him if they have the truck you want.

I decided on Brondes Ford near Toledo. Jeff Barnes was my salesman and communication was also great. I picked them because the deal was slightly better and the flight costs and logistics of getting there was a bit better than Cleveland.
I flew into Detroit, they picked me up, checked out the truck, did paperwork, and was on my way back to Colorado. It really could not have gone more smoothly. Give Jeff a call if you are looking for a a Raptor, apparently they sell mostly duallys to horse folk but when they have Raptor they stick around for only 7 to 10 days. Mine was a custom order that was refused because it had the appliqué by mistake. I just happened to contact Jeff a couple hours after the customer refused the truck.

6 days now and am still smiling. Amazing road trip vehicle and once back here in Colorado I am starting to experience its capabilities over more varied terrain.

Nearly identical experience for me except I bought from Justin at Mike Bass.

mashir

Reaction score
IronMountain, thanks for posting this. I'm starting to look for a Raptor in Colorado, probably still several months from purchase. I'll agree that most of our dealers here are not coming off inflated prices!

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid MSRP at Phil Long Ford 12/23 on a 802a SCREW.

Hi,

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I paid MSRP at Phil Long Ford 12/23 on a 802a SCREW.

Did you buy a leftover 2017? Those guys had 40 sitting on the lot and were asking $20k over when I bought mine out of state. The upside is I went there to see all the colors and options in person. They even let me take a test drive. They called me back days later and offered the test drive mule with several hundred miles on it for "only" $5k over. Yeah, no thanks. Got mine out of state for MSRP with 13 miles.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do not go to phil long. they will screw you over any way they can. and then theres the service dept.... i live in the springs but drive to denver to groove ford for service. cant say anything about their sales dept, but the service is excellent and very raptor friendly