Prospective owner, is this a normal amount of rust for 4 years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tteape0

Reaction score
Hey, I have attached an imgur with the underside of a 2014 raptor I am looking at, can anyone give me an input on the amount of rust if it is normal for the age. Thank you in advance. Also sorry on the duplicates in the imgur album, imgur freaked out while uploading that many photos.

https://imgur.com/a/H77JCGO

Last edited:

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That does not look bad at all for a 4 year old truck in my opinion. I’ve seen much worse on newer vehicles. A lot is depending on what state the vehicle spends it’s time driving/weather conditions.

Sigmoid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It kind of depends on your environment. In particular, those areas that see a lot of snow and therefore a lot of salt on the highway/streets.

I don't actually see much rust in your pics...just normal road grime...Looks about normal to me.

OP
OP
T

tteape0

Reaction score
It is from as far north as possible and I was thinking the same thing as you guys, just wanted a 2nd opinion. I will be in Texas so I am not worried about accruing rust where I am. Thank you for the look guys.

Sigmoid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is from as far north as possible and I was thinking the same thing as you guys, just wanted a 2nd opinion. I will be in Texas so I am not worried about accruing rust where I am. Thank you for the look guys.

If it came from "salt road" country, I'd probably give the underside a good cleaning ...blow out all the residual salt from the crevices and pockets where it may have collected so its not just living there trying to eat through your undercoat/primer.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very dirty in general with a couple leaks it looks like. I hardly see any rust at all though. You didn't really get good pics of the spots that rust badly though- it's the rockers/pinch seam, cab corners, bed supports, spring hangers. However, you do have a ton of pics of the rear axle and exhaust!

Jkidd_39

Reaction score
Sweet Jesus! Definitely has a fluid leak.. There could be rust but you won't know until you clean it...

How many miles on this thing?