Prospective buyer, question on a 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

id003

Reaction score
I'm looking at potentially getting a 2010 SCAB 5.4l. I noticed the head unit/radio on the truck i'm looking at is the base unit. It doesn't have a screen and is just has the slit for CDs.

If I wanted to upgrade to a double din unit with a screen would I just have to purchase the console piece that came with the upgraded trucks?

Also if anyone could take a look at this link and maybe let me know anything or any advice regarding this truck in particular that would be great.

2010 Ford F-150 for sale in Portland OR 1FTEX1EV4AFD12087

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume you are asking if you can update a non lux truck to a lux packaged truck? You can but it will take lots of money. The 800A truck (non luxury) does NOT have the correct wiring harness and you need that for the big screen and nav to work like on the 801A truck (luxury package)

It would be a lot cheaper to go aftermarket.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its a little pricey , and its not silver its white, they didn't offer silver in 2010, I'm pretty sure. Make sure the mileage is legit. Truck looks clean, did I miss the engine pics? I don't see a problem with a 5.4, had that in my last truck, it was balls enough, lots of stuff around to make it go faster, if needed. Good luck.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks clean. For PNW pricing it doesn't look too bad either.

Aussiesvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest mate. I paid around the same for a '10 6.2 fully optioned.
There are better deals out there.

Although if that's the truck you want... Welcome to the family :)

OP
OP
I

id003

Reaction score
I wasnt looking to do a Lux swap for NAV. I just like the double din head units that have touch screen. I've seen dash panels sold for the non raptor f150 that look like they would work.

The truck looked and felt like it was new. 5.4l seemed like it wasn't fast, slower than my current rig which is a 2011 FJ. I'm not really crazy about speed though, I have a garage queen s2000 which is plenty fast, already sold a 2011 wrx that had been modified considerably, stupid fast, completely unusable power for daily driving. Speeds not really my thing. I love camping, doing forest trails. I wouldnt be looking at the raptor if it werent for some strange obession I have with them. To me they are the best looking trucks on the road, couple that with the fact they look that way stock is just nuts.

I plan to offer them 36K and go from there. There is another raptor up north, its about 6 hrs away. 6.2L, with NAV, price is the same, but mileage is double. Its a magma, which looks nice, but no color is better than white for hiding those pin stripes.

I had another strange question though, cant seem to find any pics online, but does the 5.4L have a dull finish on the valve covers and motor? I looked at the motor and it looked dull and unpolished.

grantoser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id personally go with the 6.2 with a few more miles on it... but thats just me. I also think the price is high for a 5.4L even with the low miles.

I just bought a 2011 6.2 with 43k miles, loaded, for $37500 out the door.

Some guys love the 5.4 though! Either way, welcome!

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the valve covers on a 5.4 are dull and unpolished..
Unless your running in the dunes, heavy mud or such you don't really need the 6.2. It will take a bit longer, but you can get into plenty of trouble with the 5.4.