Prospective Buyer looking for owner feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

likeaboss

Reaction score
I've got a lock on a 2014 loaded Blue SCREW at my dealer for invoice ($52,205). I currently have a 2014 GT500 and 2014 Escape as a daily. My plan is to trade both and consolidate to a Raptor. Drive it all winter and see what Ford does with the next SVT Mustang or just get a 15 GT. (maybe even a Hellcat Challenger after ADMs die off)

Is invoice still a good deal on these are is it now pretty common?

What kind of gas mileage are people getting for around town driving? My work commute is 11 miles one way.

Anyone move from a 13/14 GT500 to a Raptor? Any regrets?

How well have these trucks been holding up on average?

I know they'll probably have a new one in 2016 since the truck has been a profit center for Ford. Just not sure if now is a good time to get in the Raptor game.

goinsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jump on that deal and don't look back. Invoice is a great deal right now. Most are having a hard time finding a Raptor at MSRP for the past few months. I have my Raptor as a daily driver (60 miles roundtrip at 14 mpg) and love every minute of it. The fuel cost is higher than most vehicles but I knew that going in and I didn't buy it for the fuel economy.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that seems like a good deal brand new. I'm getting 14/15mpg average, Mostly highway.

The gt500 is pretty sweet tho

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Raptor and a 14 GT500. I think you should just keep what you have, that GT500 is going to be a lot harder to replace if you decide you wish you still had it.

D

Deleted member 12951

Is invoice "still" a good deal, LOL.

How do you know that you are getting it at invoice, cause the dealer told you so? Double check it yourself but that looks like a great price and the loaded term is used loosely. I don't think its "fully" loaded.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Reaction score
Jump on that deal and don't look back. Invoice is a great deal right now. Most are having a hard time finding a Raptor at MSRP for the past few months. I have my Raptor as a daily driver (60 miles roundtrip at 14 mpg) and love every minute of it. The fuel cost is higher than most vehicles but I knew that going in and I didn't buy it for the fuel economy.

Yeah I'm not really concerned about gas mileage as I drive my GT500 a few days a week from Spring to Fall. I only average 15MPG with that and around 20 with the Escape. It's not like I'm going from a Fiesta to a Raptor. I'm assuming there is no benefit to running anything but 87 unless you have a tune?

Is invoice "still" a good deal, LOL.

How do you know that you are getting it at invoice, cause the dealer told you so? Double check it yourself but that looks like a great price and the loaded term is used loosely. I don't think its "fully" loaded.

Here is the sticker. You tell me if that's not loaded...
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=1FTFW1R61EFC05983

I have a Raptor and a 14 GT500. I think you should just keep what you have, that GT500 is going to be a lot harder to replace if you decide you wish you still had it.

I like my GT500 but I enjoyed driving my 13 Boss 302 more. I just had a chance to sit in the new Mustang and it's a hell of a lot more comfortable for me at 6'4". In the GT500 my knee hits the back of the wheel because of the high clutch release point. I do know I'll miss the power but I also don't like having to get drag radials if I want to actually harness it. Mine is a street car and it's probably why I liked the Boss more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

According to Ford's literature:
87 = 401hp
91 (they just show premium) = the claimed 411hp

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Invoice is a good deal. Buy it and drive for a year and still sell it for the same price you paid if not more.

zsommer79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my GT500 but I enjoyed driving my 13 Boss 302 more. I just had a chance to sit in the new Mustang and it's a hell of a lot more comfortable for me at 6'4". In the GT500 my knee hits the back of the wheel because of the high clutch release point. I do know I'll miss the power but I also don't like having to get drag radials if I want to actually harness it. Mine is a street car and it's probably why I liked the Boss more.

Yeah if you push that clutch to the floor it's a mile back up before it engages for sure. Being on the street is where I like the car the best, most people go from a roll anyway now and that's where it really shines. I will concede though that it is nice to just be able to run stuff over sometimes and not have watch out for every bump/hole trying to damage your ride.