Price Increse on 2018's??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope I'm wrong on this but I just "built" my 2018 Raptor using the Ford build configurator and with the exact same configuration, (I ordered March 8th), the price has now increased by $660.00. Appears to be $560.00 to base price and $100 to Destination Charges. Ouch! No increase to me personally, since I ordered earlier but feel for those just now ordering...

Beauf

Reaction score
Hope I'm wrong on this but I just "built" my 2018 Raptor using the Ford build configurator and with the exact same configuration, (I ordered March 8th), the price has now increased by $660.00. Appears to be $560.00 to base price and $100 to Destination Charges. Ouch! No increase to me personally, since I ordered earlier but feel for those just now ordering...

I wonder if it is already reflecting the increase for 2019. If so, it could be worse. I have been wondering how much that may go up for the new year, plus new shocks etc...

It also could be because of the steel and aluminum tariffs. Prices for steel and aluminum for the auto and other industries have shot up 30-40%.

I hope it is for the new year though, I don't want it to go up any more than that before I order.

Raptor4You

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't be surprised when your order comes in and the price has been adjusted. All my 2017 orders came in roughly $1100.00 more then the order. Ford is not afraid to change the pricing even on a special order that took place months ago. You will have to fight your dealer to knock off the difference.

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be surprised when your order comes in and the price has been adjusted. All my 2017 orders came in roughly $1100.00 more then the order. Ford is not afraid to change the pricing even on a special order that took place months ago. You will have to fight your dealer to knock off the difference.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind!! I'll not be wanting to pay an increase since my dealer had my order at such a low priority for the first 60 days, it just sat there...until they finally upped the priority.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

I wonder if it is already reflecting the increase for 2019. If so, it could be worse. I have been wondering how much that may go up for the new year, plus new shocks etc...

It also could be because of the steel and aluminum tariffs. Prices for steel and aluminum for the auto and other industries have shot up 30-40%.

I hope it is for the new year though, I don't want it to go up any more than that before I order.

Could also be a way to recoup the loss from the Meridian Fire...

OP
OP
HotLap

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went back and checked on the pricing and read that <generally> Ford will honor pricing on a Retail Special Order. The pricing code is determined at the invoice date which is the date the Window Sticker is 1st available. So in my case the Invoice Date was 5/26/18 and the Price Code is 835 (both found on the bottom line of the "ITEM #" quadrant at bottom center of Window Sticker). I then compared my Price Code against several 2018 Raptor Window stickers from back in early March and the price code is the same. No guarantee, but if Ford was going to increase the price I'd imagine they wouldn't release a current Window Sticker with outdated pricing?

ITEM#
53-H500 O/T 1 SPECIAL ORDER
JE251 N RB 2X 835 005219 05 25 18

Last edited:

Beauf

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind!! I'll not be wanting to pay an increase since my dealer had my order at such a low priority for the first 60 days, it just sat there...until they finally upped the priority.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Could also be a way to recoup the loss from the Meridian Fire...

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.