Picking up my 11 Screw this weekend!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevinMs

Reaction score
I'm flying out this weekend to more than likely pick up my 11 Screw Saturday. Talk about some sleepless nights this week as I am feeling bittersweet about this. On one hand, I'm Sexcited about finally getting the truck of my dreams since its release. On the other hand I have not had a chance to test drive it and have only seen pictures and spoken with the salesman. If the pictures represent the truck truthfully then its pretty much sold. When I test drive and inspect, are there any key areas I should pay special attention? Some veteran knowledge would be excellent.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Frame gap. run your fingers between the rear of the cab and front of the bed on both sides. Make sure there is no excessive gap between the bedsides and the tailgate.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
I had those headlights at one point. Even with hid's I almost died 6875472 times in a storm around Christmas 2012.... I couldnt see anything. Just a heads up! Other than the headlights that rap looks awesome!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 with high mileage and have not had any problems.

I think what is most important in looking to buy a vehicle with 3 previous owners and 70K miles, is to get an idea of how it was treated and what it was used for. I'm guessing owner #1 traded after 2 years of ownership, #2 possibly was speculating with the 7 month ownership and who knows with the last buyer.

A good thing to do might be to call ahead and schedule a bumper-to-bumper inspection by the local Ford dealership. They will have the info on the previous owners, what items were repaired / worked-on and possibly some other data that will help put the puzzle together. The last inspection I had done by Ford cost me $125, so it's well worth the money.

Those were good inspection tips by Macf.

It's tough buying used and out of town to boot, especially with the high price these used trucks are bringing. Rest assured that the prize is well-worth your efforts, but go into the inspection impartially, all you will have invested at that point is a trip to Wichita.

OP
OP
K

KevinMs

Reaction score
Great advice!! I just got off the phone with a ford dealer in the area to schedule an inspection on the morning of pick up.