Paint Fade under Bed Graphics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you know by now, I'm going to be looking for a used Raptor this summer. I really don't care for either generation of the bed graphics aside from the SE graphics (oddly enough, I like the hood vinyl). Removing them isn't a big issue for me, but I'm worried about paint fade underneath. Is this really such a bad issue that I should stay away from trucks with bed graphics? It's definitely a deal breaker on the truck if the paint is going to be noticeably faded around the graphics.

robbys3m3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked my detailer this a while back and his opinion was that in most cases the bedside should be able to be polished, or wetsanded and polished and it not be an issue. I'm sure others here will have first hand experience though, and be more help.

6point2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 raptor that had the digital mud graphics. After 3 years I removed them and there is no fading. My truck even sits outside in the sun year round.

marshallpulham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry about the fade under as the uv rays don't hit it just keep the surrounding paint waxed
Background I'm a bodyman/Painter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk