Overland build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I need a new pickup to haul stuff around, and tow my racecar and I've been debating on buying a SCrew Raptor or LS-Swapping a JKU.
The end goal is to have a mildly capable overland build that can haul my toys around.

Has anyone here done any serious overlanding? I'm leaning more towards the raptor due to its towing capacity and the fact that I've wanted one since I was 16

Thanks

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would highly recommend a Raptor. Jeeps are only rated to tow about 2k pounds regardless of what motor is in them.

Overlanding is a whole separate thing. What kind of overland trips are you planning and what are you looking to haul with you?

Uzzirider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sub'd. Plan to occasionally use mine as an overlander but don't want one of those colossal rooftop tent contraptions.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
F PauleyShore,
Do a search for other threads here on the forum....there have been several over the past few years. There is a member from Dubai that had an exoskeleton fabricated over the bed; another member from Finland recently went to Africa and there are several others too. There was a rock star that had a slide in camper modified for overlanding also...

Eddie

OP
OP
F
Reaction score
I would highly recommend a Raptor. Jeeps are only rated to tow about 2k pounds regardless of what motor is in them.

I should have clarified, the LS swap has nothing to do with towing. I have an ls2 laying around that I was planning on swapping into my CJ7 before I started restoring it to factory