Ordering my first Raptor - 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadrack

Reaction score
I’ve been a long time lurker, recent member, but I am finally biting the bullet and ordering a 2019 Raptor. The Raptor truck has been my dream truck since they’ve been released. I’ve tried buying several in the past but they have just been out of reach of my budget. Things have recently fell into place where I can finally order one. I’ve been in negotiations with my local dealer for years it seems like, mainly me just playing the waiting game. When the 2017’s came out, they had a 10k mark up and wouldn’t order one at MSRP. Same for the 2018’s but had a lower 5k markup, however since the three 2018’s have been setting on their lot for about 6 months I went and talked to them again. They finally dropped the ADM on their stock units but I didn’t like the trucks they had. They agreed to let me have their first 2019 Raptor allocation at MSRP and includes a lifetime powertrain warranty (one of those dealers that advertise that on all there vehicles). I realize there are better deals out there, but I’m happy with that, and that’s all that matters at the end of the day. I still haven’t put a deposit down, as they said that isn’t required until the order allocation opens up, but the manager says he checks order allocations every day and when the first one that opens up for 2019 he will call me and start the process. I’ve read the 2019 Intel thread, and it looks like that August 13th date is going to be the date from what they are telling me. I’ve never ordered a vehicle before, so I’m sure I’ll have questions along the way.

I’ve got a couple of concerns though, does anyone actually use a Raptor for off road work every day? During this whole decision process to order a Raptor or get a regular F150 it has been tough for me to think about taking a $70,000 vehicle off road, but in reality, I guess that’s exactly what you pay for them for. I drive my current truck off road 4-5 days a week, stays covered in mud nearly all the time, and I have to go in some pretty rough locations at times (drag bumpers, etc.). My 2012 FX4 truck has always been able to make it where I had to go, so it’s not like a Raptor is needed by any stretch of the imagination. So, Raptor reliability (mainly suspension components) has been a question I’ve had. How many times will those shocks have to be rebuilt, etc. My stock suspension has held up just fine for 145k miles without any issues. I realize most of these trucks (my dad has a 2014 that has never seen a mud puddle) are grocery getters, but this one will be off road quite a bit and will rarely be “clean”.
Another question, with the new live shocks, would it be safe to say that towing would be much better? We have a small mini excavator (6,500 lb including trailer) that we tow and my dad says that my truck tows that load quite a bit better than his 2014 Raptor. Once they announced the new shocks, I figured that in “tow/haul” mode they would stiffen up in the rear to help, but I haven’t been able to find any information about that. To combat the saggy rear though, I’m prepared to put airbags if needed.
The VCT solenoid worries me a bit, but hopefully that will be corrected on the 2019 models, we’ll see. Maybe that lifetime powertrain warranty will come of some use. haha
As of right now if my mind don’t change, this will be how it is ordered: I’m beyond ecstatic!
Magnetic 802A (Performance Blue is a strong runner with the blue Recaro accent interior)
Technology Package
Tailgate Step
Spray In Liner
NO Moonroof
Carbon Fiber
NO Graphics
Beadlocks (Still up in the air about that)

Last edited:

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the members posted that he rebuilt his shocks at 50,000 miles. But I don't think all shocks are rebuildable. I'm also waiting on a 2019 and put a $2500 deposit. I hope these new tariffs don't affect the prices.
I'm going to order a SCREW 802A, moonroof, spray in bedliner, tailgate step, heated rear seats and beadlocks. I still can't decide between red, white or performance blue.

Raptor4You

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the members posted that he rebuilt his shocks at 50,000 miles. But I don't think all shocks are rebuildable. I'm also waiting on a 2019 and put a $2500 deposit. I hope these new tariffs don't affect the prices.
I'm going to order a SCREW 802A, moonroof, spray in bedliner, tailgate step, heated rear seats and beadlocks. I still can't decide between red, white or performance blue.[/QUO

I can order you one with Lifetime warranty and drop ship it to you at MSRP!!!!

JB