Ordering a 2017, but have questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've done a search, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet. I'm 99% sure I'm ordering a new Raptor (tonight... Eek!), but I'm seeing some conflicting information with regard to pricing.

A guy whom I trust at a local dealership is telling me that he's giving me a deal on ordering a new Raptor (their allocation is one) for MSRP. He's says the "deal" is that he was able to waive the market adjustment fee. However, I've seen a couple of guys claim that they were able to order a new Raptor at invoice price.

Can anyone clarify this for me? I figured a market adjustment fee similar to the GT350 fee would be applicable to the Raptor, but now I'm wondering.

Thanks in advance!

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys. I've done a search, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet. I'm 99% sure I'm ordering a new Raptor (tonight... Eek!), but I'm seeing some conflicting information with regard to pricing.

A guy whom I trust at a local dealership is telling me that he's giving me a deal on ordering a new Raptor (their allocation is one) for MSRP. He's says the "deal" is that he was able to waive the market adjustment fee. However, I've seen a couple of guys claim that they were able to order a new Raptor at invoice price.

Can anyone clarify this for me? I figured a market adjustment fee similar to the GT350 fee would be applicable to the Raptor, but now I'm wondering.

Thanks in advance!

it's really going to depend on the dealer and the market. most guys will likely end up paying MSRP, a few will pay markup. There are some that will be close to invoice - i only imagine this being an issue for the first year of the gen 2s...my understanding is that those that have pain invoice went to Louisburg Ford, but I could be wrong - they were doing $50 over invoice +$249 admin fees in the gen1s. When I spoke to them, that was still the case for the new gens, not entirely sure if that is still accurate since it's been a few months. In some areas, MSRP is a deal - for them to say they "waived" the ADM is ********.

OP
OP
D

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info @SlimChaChi

I may just stave off the soon-coming phone call from my friend at the dealership until I can speak with someone at Louisburg Ford.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

[/COLOR @SlimChaChi another thing I forgot to mention before... They're offering me about $4500 more for my trade than the "excellent" trade in value. That could be part of the age-old dealership trick of giving some from one and taking from the other.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh yea that's their usual tactic. But if at msrp they're giving you a lot more it may be worth it. Especially with the tax savings etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

They're full of it, look around and you'll find one at invoice.

Stop it you'll make me try and find one haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol! I'm gonna do some more hunting now, that's for sure!

Yeah, I figure he sweetened the pot for my trade (a 2014 FX4 Ecoboost that's loaded with 43k miles) by the amount that MSRP is above invoice. At least, I hope that's what he's done. Like I say, he and I have been friends for 12 years, and I've sent him TONS of business.

Basically, the price he quoted for every single option on a super crew 2017 Raptor is right at $70k. Subtract the $4500 that he overstated in my trade from the quoted MSRP, and that's $65,500 which is pretty close to the invoice price on the Raptor.

Heck, I don't know. I negotiate for a living, and I'm very good at it. However, dealerships can leave me wondering what kind of deal I actually got.... Even one I trust! Lol

UMKP

Reaction score
I ordered a 2017 Screw two weeks ago (put down deposit) and order was confirmed two days ago when dealer received allocation of 5. I called about 6 dealers to inquire, most were looking for $3000 to $5000 above MSRP. I received mine at MSRP of $64k and change, every option except the moon roof.

I consider MSRP a reasonable price considering many are going for more. I'm in Eastern PA close to NJ/NY/CT where these trucks are in demand. I'm sure you'll hear stories of trucks going for invoice in very unique circumstances of personal relationships and rural areas. I've known a local dealer personally for 25 years and have bought many vehicles from him. He had an allocation of 1 on the 2017 Raptor and it was committed.

In the end make a smart decision quickly. The 2017s will move fast, plenty of demand. I've heard several stories of 2013s with a sticker of $51k going for $47k-$48k this year.

Hard to argue the value that these trucks maintain, if you want one put a deposit down and go for it!

jwight11

Reaction score
I checked in Huntersville Ford, in NORTH CAROLINA. $10,000 over MSRP is what they want and they tried to tell me they have already placed 2 orders for their 6 allocations. Also told me I can expect it in April or May .

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I ordered a 2017 Screw two weeks ago (put down deposit) and order was confirmed two days ago when dealer received allocation of 5. I called about 6 dealers to inquire, most were looking for $3000 to $5000 above MSRP. I received mine at MSRP of $64k and change, every option except the moon roof.

I consider MSRP a reasonable price considering many are going for more. I'm in Eastern PA close to NJ/NY/CT where these trucks are in demand. I'm sure you'll hear stories of trucks going for invoice in very unique circumstances of personal relationships and rural areas. I've known a local dealer personally for 25 years and have bought many vehicles from him. He had an allocation of 1 on the 2017 Raptor and it was committed.

In the end make a smart decision quickly. The 2017s will move fast, plenty of demand. I've heard several stories of 2013s with a sticker of $51k going for $47k-$48k this year.

Hard to argue the value that these trucks maintain, if you want one put a deposit down and go for it!

Hmm, Eastern Pa. aka northeast, "these trucks are in demand" doubtful, I live in Harrisburg and NO Ford dealer ever stocks a Raptor! I bought mine for 500$ over invoice locally.

Shooter10x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get one under MSRP, but you had to start working with a dealer a while ago. Got mine for $1k over invoice. Your options are to pay MSRP now or to wait until the first couple allocations happen and hope dealers are willing to lower the price.