Which one would you buy?

Which would you buy?

• 2013 with 105,000 miles for $33k

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 2013 with 51,000 miles for $43k

Votes: 14 77.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd keep looking... Both seem higher than what I see around me. If willing to travel, I've seen trucks with about 105,000 go for under$25,000

Waddy

Reaction score
I'd keep looking... Both seem higher than what I see around me. If willing to travel, I've seen trucks with about 105,000 go for under$25,000

Where are you seeing these trucks? Do you mean 2010's?

Because I have been tracking 2013 Raptor prices nationwide for 6 months now through Autotrader, CarGurus, and an industry used car auction site (my car broker buddy let me borrow his login), and $33k for 105k on a 2013 Raptor is about right.

I have been looking right around 100k myself and the cheapest list price I've seen is a 108k for $32k on a decent looking truck. If you go up to 120k/130k/140k the price basically drops 1 grand for every additional 10k in miles, for instance there is a pretty good looking 2013 listed for 28,900 with 147k.

The only 2013's I have seen for under 25k either (1) had 201k on the odo and looked like crap in the pictures, or (2) had been in a major accident with literal pieces of the body missing.

To the OP, $10k is a huge difference, if you can afford it sure always go lower miles. But I am in the same boat as you, I work from home so no commute, and most of the time I leave the house it's as a family in the wife's SUV. I drive by myself in my vehicle maybe 3 times a week, with a long trip (50+ miles round trip) happening maybe once a week. So 5-6k a year is about how much I plan on putting on my Raptor also, I am looking at one right now with 91k on the odo, waiting for the PPI to come back before I pull the trigger.

Based on the "high miles" thread here on FRF, and all the other research I have done, it seems to me like the Raptor is no Range Rover, just bleeding you dry as the miles tick away. It seems like its just a little more expensive to maintain than a regular f150 would cost, and I'd buy a 100k FX4 or Platinum without a second thought....F150's are built to last. So I see no reason why if I'm going to drive the truck 3 times a week tops, that I wouldn't rather have $10k in the bank for emergencies, and/or another $150/month in disposable income.

Do a pre-purchase inspection to make sure you aren't getting someone else's problem child, and if it comes back clean, make the leap with the higher mile truck is what I'd say.

But make the decision that you can best live with brother.