Northern Used Raptors - rust worries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've seen a couple threads where a whole lot of people who drive salted roads are running into some premature rust through their rocker panels. Is this a legitimate concern, or just some fluke occurrences? Would it be worth it to just bide my time and try to find a clean, rust-free truck from the South?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea its a comcern but i just hose my truck off on the underside every couple of days, just so nothing can build up

OP
OP
A

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea its a comcern but i just hose my truck off on the underside every couple of days, just so nothing can build up

Yeah, probably a good plan. From what I can see, Ford is warrantying them, but I'd rather just avoid the headache if I can get one from Florida or something like that.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed the problem is when people just let it sit. I am **** (yea i said it) about my stuff and like to keep it nice so i take care of things. Just be smart with it and you will be fine

OP
OP
A

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed the problem is when people just let it sit. I am **** (yea i said it) about my stuff and like to keep it nice so i take care of things. Just be smart with it and you will be fine

It's not me that I'm worried about, it's the schmucks that owned the truck before me, haha

farman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upstate ny. With my 3rd winter under my belt I just got it power washed yesterday and the whole bottom looks like shit. Had rusting rockers after the second winter. Guess I am just lucky:everything: