Newbie - Considering leaving GM for a Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cold1313

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first post, so if my post has been beaten to death already, please let me know.

I'm a GM owner my entire life. I almost pulled the trigger on a new GMC Sierra SLT a month ago but held off because the rebates were terrible.

Then for kicks I decided to look at a Raptor...bad idea, now I've got the bug. I qualify for "Z Plan" through my step mother, and I know nothing about Ford or how much that discount could be...hell, I don't even know if Ford or the dealerships will honor a Z Plan on a Raptor?

I knew they were pricey but the two I found locally were both about $58-59k sticker. I know these are selling like crazy, so I'm sure I wont find a steal anywhere.

Any estimates on what I might expect to pay?

Aside from the truck being on the pricey side, I'll end up using the truck for mostly daily driving. I'm from Ohio, so not a lot of elevation changes! The truck just SCREAMS badass and that's good enough for me.

Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 12951

Paying MSRP this late seems to be the norm. Anything close to $5k off that is close to invoice. So anything in between is good. No plan or discount from Ford is ever valid on a raptor so that z plan won't work. I haven't been nor owned any GM product since 86' since they pissed me off so can't comment on sticking with GM. You sure you want to venture to the other side....good side?

Gilligan

Reaction score
Imagine pulling up next to a raptor in your brand new GMC sierra, and how it would make you feel..... If you're still torn after that mental image then the raptor probably isn't for you

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As already been said, this is not the time to look for a deal, what you find on the lot is what your gonna get. And the pickins get slimmer every day.
Anyway, Ford has hit a home run with the Raptor. Its on the road manners are great, and off road is unparalleled by anything production.
Take the plunge. if you don't like it, odds are you will break even, the Raptor holds its value like nothing else. You wont find that with any GM truck.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor will not depreciate like other trucks. Even if you pay sticker, you'll still be financially better off than buying any other model F150, GM or Dodge.

And yes, get a Raptor before they're all sold.

On a side note... the Gen I and Gen II Lightnings (in excellent condition) are currently bringing almost 75% of their original MSRP. If that's the trend for SVT trucks, treat your Raptor right, and 15-20 years from now, it'll still be worth $35-40k. Of course, 20 years from now, a new fully loaded F150 will be over $100k.

Last edited:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As stated above production stopped August 22nd and you'll have to get what's on the lot. Markup in my area the past three years is 10k over MSRP so expect they may ask it and will get it. I get Z plan through my work and SVT models are not included. Good luck it's a sick ****** truck.