New Owner with questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , ( I did make a welcome post)

Hope no one minds I start out like this as my second post. A lot of reading to do here I can see. But I have the questions all in one post . I am used to modding my vehicles and I know the basics are exhaust cold air and tune . So what does everyone like for these specific parts ?

Cold Air : JLT ? Banks ram air ? or other choice and what is it ?

Exhaust : Magnaflow ? ( Personally my favorite sounding ) I don't want real loud

Tune: I have a tuner that tunes for a living but are there any good canned tunes that work good . I will mostly haul my boat and cruise it and alittle off roading in the mountains .

Any mods that are worth doing not mentioned ? I'm not looking for blower or turbo at this point . I am how ever going to add some lighting to the front and rear .

Looking forward to the replies . Thanks

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome again. You already have a cold air intake stock. If you are looking for an aftermarket C. A. I. check Roush, I have one and could not be happier. I also have the Magnaflow 15366 Cat Back Exhaust System, love the sound and the black powder coating on this model. Good luck with your upgrades...

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome, With the tunes canned you will not really see a benefit with spending the money . As stated above %8 is a very good choice of a "custom" tune to help wake up the truck and give you better performance while also giving you a lot of added options with a SCT X4 or other devices . When it comes to a cold air intake, we have had a new company hit the market with some great results. The new Injen system has proven it self with quality built parts and dyno numbers backed to their product . The magna flow cat back system is a great one, I would also recommend the Corsa Cat back. No drone, quite when you want it and loud when you step on it . Let me know if I can help in any way .. you can give e me a call the shop 702-202-1263 Aftermarket Hq in Las Vegas, Nv

OP
OP
BeansGT

BeansGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, With the tunes canned you will not really see a benefit with spending the money . As stated above %8 is a very good choice of a "custom" tune to help wake up the truck and give you better performance while also giving you a lot of added options with a SCT X4 or other devices . When it comes to a cold air intake, we have had a new company hit the market with some great results. The new Injen system has proven it self with quality built parts and dyno numbers backed to their product . The magna flow cat back system is a great one, I would also recommend the Corsa Cat back. No drone, quite when you want it and loud when you step on it . Let me know if I can help in any way .. you can give e me a call the shop 702-202-1263 Aftermarket Hq in Las Vegas, Nv

Thanks for the replys guys .

@DezertRacer - I was thinking I want a exhaust that exits infront of the tire and or the turn down under the bed from Magnaflow and with a Black tip no shine going in this truck . The cold air as far as I really have seen doesn't make much difference but I know the tune will help with pedal reaction and shift points , don't really need it to be maxed on timing or anything . Do you guys have all the stuff instock ? Or can get it all I am sure .

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor comes stock with a CAI. It's the best one for your truck and the possible environment you may put it through.

A lot of guys like the stainless works exhaust with lightning exit. Although be aware with that exit close to the cab, it is loud.

Get an SCT tuner and either @5star or @svc or JMD tunes. All all are good.

Most people supercharge vs turbo. Again, see JMD.

Another worth while mode, JLT oil separator.

30 and 40 inch light bars fit easily behind the grill of the truck. I've had @MandR Automotive for 4 years now with no issues.

:welcome: to the forum.

Vote for your favorite pic
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/january-2017-calendar-vote-46906/
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

Last edited:

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys .

@DezertRacer - I was thinking I want a exhaust that exits infront of the tire and or the turn down under the bed from Magnaflow and with a Black tip no shine going in this truck . The cold air as far as I really have seen doesn't make much difference but I know the tune will help with pedal reaction and shift points , don't really need it to be maxed on timing or anything . Do you guys have all the stuff instock ? Or can get it all I am sure .

If we do not have it in stock , we can have it drop shipped to you from the manufacture . The options i mentioned do max out the time or parameters. Just gives you more adjustability

The Raptor cones stock with a CAI. It's the best one for your truck and the possible environment you may put it through.

A lot of guys like the stainless works exhaust with lightning exit. Although be aware with that exit close to the cab, it is loud.

Get an SCT tuner and either @5star or @svc or JMD tunes. All all are good.

Most people supercharge vs turbo. Again, see JMD.

Another worth while mode, JLT oil separator.

30 and 40 inch light bars fit easily behind the grill of the truck. I've had @MandR Automotive for 4 years now with no issues.

:welcome: to the forum.

Vote for your favorite pic
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f18/january-2017-calendar-vote-46906/
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Delta Lead
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

So if the factory intake is the best there is , why do some make more power when being added with other upgrades? And what makes it the best? closed lid system?

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the factory exhaust system. I swapped out the factory muffler for weld-in Magnaflow, and it wasn't worth the money or trouble. I didn't gain a thing, but I did lose the raspy sound the factory muffler makes at WOT.

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , ( I did make a welcome post)

Hope no one minds I start out like this as my second post. A lot of reading to do here I can see. But I have the questions all in one post . I am used to modding my vehicles and I know the basics are exhaust cold air and tune . So what does everyone like for these specific parts ?

Cold Air : JLT ? Banks ram air ? or other choice and what is it ?

Exhaust : Magnaflow ? ( Personally my favorite sounding ) I don't want real loud

Tune: I have a tuner that tunes for a living but are there any good canned tunes that work good . I will mostly haul my boat and cruise it and alittle off roading in the mountains .

Any mods that are worth doing not mentioned ? I'm not looking for blower or turbo at this point . I am how ever going to add some lighting to the front and rear .

Looking forward to the replies . Thanks

I have a K&N CAI for sale in in the classifieds area at the moment if you want a good deal on one.