New member, tough decisions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as far as shock rebuilding goes i sent mine to H2R in abbotsford they did a great job quick turn around. unload the titan, enjoy the raptor

OP
OP
V

Vantage

Reaction score
I tested a 6.2 and another 5.4L today.

This 5.4 felt a lot slower than the previous one.

I wish I could find out if the first one had a tune, it was that much different.

The first 5.4 felt similar to the 6.2, but the 6.2 was a beast

Daz8

Reaction score
I have the 6.2 in my Raptor but the 5.4 in my work F150. The 5.4 is quicker off the line and takes tons of abuse with no failures, oh and its got 169,000 miles on it...... So dont worry too much about the milage, just make sure its had / gets regular oil changes.

Daz

OP
OP
V

Vantage

Reaction score
The nice thing about the high mileage one is it is all dealer services with records.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As several others have said, I'd dump the titan for a raptor. Pick your favorite and grab it!

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Gen 1 V8's are numbered on how many out there, and as you see on here folks are holdin them. They make the Titan everyday. Get the Raptor! You can always down grade back.

OP
OP
V

Vantage

Reaction score
Not attached at all. It was a good deal when I bought it 3000miles ago, but I wasn't even thinking about a Raptor.

It is a very tough decision, and as fellow car guys you will understand.

Practical/boring - keep the brand new Titan
Impractical/fun - get into a high mileage raptor.

I've looked very hard at the one with 100,000 miles.

It looks to have usual older mileage problems, paint is has scratches, minor surface rust, wheels are pitted and need refinishing, horribly loud mud tires.

But the shocks don't leak, interior leather is in good condition, engine runs well (so well I assume it has a tune) and all the maintenance records.

I'm trying to think of a price that I would offer before I go back.

Trade in 2015 Titan Pro4x 3000miles

2010 5.4 luxury package Raptor 101,000 miles. They are asking 37,800.

I think Titan +2000 out the door is my top, as I would replace the tires and service the shocks immediately.