New member, tough decisions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vantage

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2015 Titan Pro4x but then saw a raptor in my price range at a local dealership.

Today I test drove it and loved it. I was very pleasantly surprised by the 5.4L it had in it, especially after reading all the bad reviews the 5.4 had online.

The truck was clean for its mileage and had a good price.

The problem is it has 101,000miles.

It is a 2010 5.4L supercab with Luxury package completely dealer services with records. No glaring issues or mistreatment.

I would be trading my 2015 Titan Pro4x extended cab+a small but of cash. The Titan has 3000 miles.

I got the Titan for a great price, just having a tough time justifying the price.

(It is listed at $37,000 Canadian)

I worry the shocks are nearing the end of their life and are expensive to replace or rebuild. The tires are also crazy loud (Micky Thompson mud tires).

What is everyone's opinions.

http://m.autotrader.ca/a/5_27418172/gallery?mnclk=1&ursrc=mhl&upsp=4&upsc=2&orup=14_10_34

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For that price they can install 4 new bfg ko's just like original. You could take the shocks off and have them rebuilt, lots of shops rebuild them. Is that dealer in Abbotsford?

OP
OP
V

Vantage

Reaction score
any idea who locally rebuilds fox shocks? Or would you send them away to be rebuilt?

And yes, MSA Ford in Abby. It was the first time I had been in the dealership and they were excellent, some of the best service I have received at a dealership.

Last edited:

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a nice one I saw last night on kijiji.ca in Cariboo, BC. 2012 with 6.2L, aftermarket fenders, cold air intake, aftermarket exhaust, 78,000km. Asking $42,000, just needs a new front bumper and valence due to damage. Might be a good one to check out if it is close too. Be interesting to find out what the make of the aftermarket parts are.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
any idea who locally rebuilds fox shocks? Or would you send them away to be rebuilt?

And yes, MSA Ford in Abby. It was the first time I had been in the dealership and they were excellent, some of the best service I have received at a dealership.
That dealership has a good rep, if you are in the lower mainland you could box your shocks up and ship to any of the vendors in California or Nevada, or do what I did and drive down here and get them replaced, lol. Not sure who does the local stuff, maybe ask 4 wheel parts in Langley as they sell some fox shocks.

OP
OP
V

Vantage

Reaction score
I think the one I posted originally is a little overpriced.

Found another 2010 with the same mileage in Alberta for $33,000.

Also another 2010 was just posted right near my house, with 20,000miles for $44,000.

Last edited:

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of which Raptor you choose... Rebuild the shocks $500 tops - get the tires changed out if that's what you want and DUMP the Titan! Just my 2¢ here...

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How attached are you to the Titan? The Raptors are iconic and a proven commodity. The Titan is a Nissan. If you really like the Raptor, don't beat yourself up and get into one. You won't regret it.