Is MSRP a good price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvilBeGone

Reaction score
Hi,

I was contacted by 2 dealers for 14 screw

I do like the silver better. but not sure if I could haggle with them. (last time I haggled, the best I could do was maybe 500 off, I hesitated and didn't take the offer. now they are sticking to msrp)

also should I consider a 10' 45k mile scab? I do like the scab better because I am single and may not use the backseat for people. They are asking for 38000 firm because they just acquired the vehicle, I may be able to bring down 1-2k, but not sure it's worth the money, as I read the 10 scab msrp is around 45k.

I have put deposit to silver one earlier, and plan to take it this weekend.
So this is the last check I want to do before I make the purchase. Any comments are appreciated.

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd say msrp is a fair price at this point. Check the msrp though. For $58k it should have about every option

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that MSRP is fair at this point. Hell it seems it was fair months ago. If you like the scab better go with that. It's what you like man.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. If it has the options you want and they are willing to do MSRP, you should take it. If it's something you cant stand (sunroof) then are you going to hate driving it and regret your decision?

OP
OP
E

EvilBeGone

Reaction score
I'd say msrp is a fair price at this point. Check the msrp though. For $58k it should have about every option

silver one has 801A + bed extender, tailgate step f/r camera, spray-in bed_liner, moon roof + hood and side graphic

black one has beadlock wheel instead of side graphic

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

I agree that MSRP is fair at this point. Hell it seems it was fair months ago. If you like the scab better go with that. It's what you like man.

Thanks, If i can get a scab new , I will definitely go for it.

I was just not sure how much should be a fair price for a 4 yr 45k miles raptor, I can definitely feel there are room there, but they were pretty firm since they just got the vehicle and it's at a good shape overall.

Also I am concerned about resale and reliability, even if it's a one owner well maintained one, will it stand some off-road drive? for resale, the way I see it is, if I got this one, I probably will need to keep it long enough to make the purchase worth, for 14 screw, it may be much easier to resale after a year or 2 if I no longer want it.

The last thing is the new one does feels much much better, again if it's a scab I will take it without hesitation.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Agreed. If it has the options you want and they are willing to do MSRP, you should take it. If it's something you cant stand (sunroof) then are you going to hate driving it and regret your decision?

Thanks, I don't have much preference, except f/r camera is a must for me. seems all the raptor I see now have them.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the black fully loaded? Plus bead locks? If so, buy that, sell the bead locks and get wheels you like and then wrap the truck in a new color.

Not only do you get what you like but you can protect your investment. Someone WILL ALWAYS want a black Raptor.

OP
OP
E

EvilBeGone

Reaction score
I will just try my luck with the 10 dealer again to see how much they are willing to lower the price. How much should I ask?

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Is the black fully loaded? Plus bead locks? If so, buy that, sell the bead locks and get wheels you like and then wrap the truck in a new color.

Not only do you get what you like but you can protect your investment. Someone WILL ALWAYS want a black Raptor.

Yes, the other options are the same, just the beadlock vs side graphic, and it's 1k cheaper.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think if they aren't willing to work with you on the price then keep looking. As much as dealers want to make you believe it's a limited production rare vehicle, it's not. Scabs are harder to find but it doesn't mean you have to jump when one comes up this second. Also these trucks seem to be holding there value pretty damn good so resale shouldn't be a huge hit but also you shouldn't buy a car period if you are worried about depreciation.

OP
OP
E

EvilBeGone

Reaction score
Get 14 black

update, just got the black 14 home.

I was not sure it's a good purchase, until the moment I stepped on the gas on the highway! Worth every penny I paid, and it was the best ride I ever had!!!

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats. It just keeps getting better. :)

And btw, in my area, MSRP is a good deal right now.