More Games

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with the dealership and I am not happy. If you read in one of my previous posts, I was bitching about them double-dipping on the destination & delivery charge. My dealer tried to explain things to me, but to me, numbers don't lie. I let it go for a day or so just to settle down. However, tonight in get a phone call from the sales manager and he would like to try his hand at explaining this to me. So I ask him, does it make sense to charge $1,195 to transport a vehicle from Dearborn Michigan to Jessup Maryland and charge another $1,195 transport it from Jessup Maryland to Columbia Maryland? Surprisingly, he say "no, that's incorrect". He goes on to tell me that destination & delivery is charged outside the MSRP price because it is not a profitable item. Who knows if that's true at this point. Anyway, I tell him that it doesn't matter to me as long as it goes away. I then tell him that if that number goes away, I'll order. He tells me, "we'll before we go any further, I need to check with the factory to see if we even have any allocations left". ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING! Why in the hell would a salesman bring me this far along, only to tell me they might not be able to get one??? It's my understanding (from a post in this forum) that special orders DO NOT count against dealership allocations...right? Can someone shed some light on this?

D

Deleted member 12951

Too many red flags, I would go elsewhere if I was you. Or just figure out for yourself where the deal needs to be and just tell them what the deal is, take it or leave it after you find out of they have allocation but I wouldn't trust them at this point. How do you know if they are telling the truth?

Sent using Tapatalk

HUDAT361

Reaction score
Its like picking out a chick.. if she picks her nose, scratch her butt, fart in her sleep, etc. You like that? NO! So get yourself a new chick because theres plenty out there.

Go find yourself a new dealer!

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First question you should ask is if they have an allocation. If not you are potentially in for an extremely long wait. Move on from that dealer!

"It's my understanding (from a post in this forum) that special orders DO NOT count against dealership allocations...right? Can someone shed some light on this?"

They do need an allocation to order a Raptor.

Last edited:

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many threads is bob18 gonna make? You know you can ask multiple questions in one thread right?

BTW destination and delivery is something FORD charges, we all pay it.

OP
OP
SVT Bob18

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many threads is bob18 gonna make? You know you can ask multiple questions in one thread right?

BTW destination and delivery is something FORD charges, we all pay it.

Ya know, I like when people just offer their positive input instead of "how many threads is bob18 gonna?" Comments like that don't help me and after all, we're all here to share knowledge & advice. What do you care how many threads I make? Or were you just trying to be cute? Either way, it doesn't help.
And BTW, I realize that Ford charges D&D and we all pay. The point was that I was being charged twice. Once as a part of the MSRP and again when all of my "out the door" costs were figured.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that each and every raptor counts towards allocation. Explanation I received when ordering from my dealer. Hence question #1 should be; do you have an allocation?

The D&D charge is build into the msrp and obviously only charged once.

The D&D charge is however added to invoice pricing.

You need to deal with a different dealer, too many red flags.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Relax bob, take a breath. I know purchasing a vehicle is stressful.

My point was more of a suggestion, take it or don't.