Military Raptor Owners

Should I go ahead and buy a $55K+ Ford Raptor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is me at work! I wish I had an office with a computer to access FRF all day haha but my phone will have to do! Plus when you're flying around its really hard to get reception to access FRF oh well I guess that's why there's always two pilots right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 55

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Its a sweet job. I almost went into the canadian forces. But cause i got dogs, raptor, other toys, small family, older family members needed help, at the time was still doing my undergrad aka too many excuses.

Im not the 9-5 type of desk person either , so the jobs that people like me need are either shit crazy, law enforcement and forces

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats! I'd love to sell ya my Black Crew so I could get a different color, but I got such a great deal, I couldn't pass it up. There's always vinyl wrapping! Go get 'er done!

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the love of everything holy, USNA, stop saying all that shit that basically boils down to I'm better than everyone else cause I got in there. There are ****** and good people that get in everywhere (OCS, ROTC, USNA, other commissioning sources you dont know about yet) and by all the comments you make about the fleet, you have a lot of learning to do. Here's my $.02 which was given to me by many a mentor through flight school, dont talk about the fleet like you know what it is. people that are in the "fleet" dont talk about the "fleet". also, keep your head down stay quiet, even though you might see something that could be done a better way, wait until you are no longer the FNG. Also, just because your an officer and some people are enlisted doesnt make you better than them. I can almost guarantee you that you will learn more from your junior marines than almost anyone else. especially when it comes to flying when 2 pilots and at least 2 crewman are collectively in charge of the safety of the aircraft and the crew. yes, the aircraft commander has the final say, but we talk about everything internally and work as a crew to accomplish the mission. sorry I have to keep doing this but you keep saying stupid stuff that strays off the topic of the Raptor.

IMO I had a pretty good experience with special ordering one, made it cheaper than the ones that come with the factory cause I didnt get the tailgate step and the bed extender. plus, Ford builds and sends them to dealerships based on demographics of previous sold, and apparently no one in my area likes the Black with the graphics. yes, you dont have to wait a little longer and maybe you cant talk them down a couple thousand under MSRP, but youre buying a nice truck and have the funds to do so. GET WHAT YOU WANT.

Also, USAA is great and I would suggest them for eternity. My truck loan, aside from my Career Starter Loan, was only at a 1.75%. So you can get good interest rates, just be smart on the shopping.

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just because your an officer and some people are enlisted doesnt make you better than them. I can almost guarantee you that you will learn more from your junior marines than almost anyone else.

Well said, Sir. You are obviously not an F-18 Pilot! An F-18 Pilot would never say this.

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well said, Sir. You are obviously not an F-18 Pilot! An F-18 Pilot would never say this.

Haha no. Check out the profile picture. That was me. Fortunately I think that culture as changed. There are those people everywhere but I have some good friends that are and they are not like that.

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Right on mav. Was literary explain that to someone the other day. He said he believes he should be cocky to anyone and believed he was better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: