Looking into a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wwillmon

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Looking into getting a Raptor finally. My previous truck was a 2008 f-250 with the 6.4 diesel. It had a 6 inch lift 37x12.50x20 tires, programmer, etc. I reentry picked up a 2012 Platinum F-150 Ecoboost, and although its nice, its no where near what i am used to.

With that being said i am looking to getting in a Raptor. Right now i am looking at a 2011 with 54,*** miles and a 2012 with 35,*** miles. One is white and the other is black, which is really the only colors I'm looking to get.

I guess I'm just looking for advice on which one is the better deal, the 2011 is only about $7,000 cheaper, so is it really a better deal?

I have read all throughout this forum and realize what i am getting into with a Raptor. I have went back and forth for about the last 2 weeks on whether to go check one out or not, and i just can't hold out anymore. So any information would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
W

wwillmon

Reaction score
Don't know the exact specs on either, as i have only looked online at them..

The 2011 though has 54,*** miles, and seems to have the luxury upgrades as it has the factory nag and all that. They are asking $46,000 for it.

I was mistaking though as the black one is actually a 2013 with 36,*** miles. The pictures don't show much of the interior, so I'm not sure if it has the navigation and everything but it wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't have it. The asking price on this one is 52,884.

Im just not sure if these are good deals on this or not?

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at 3 Raptors. A 2014 screw with 18k miles for $53900, won't budge on price, and two black screws one with 28k and the other with 23k both said they go down to $51900. Good luck in your search.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NEW Raptor MSRP for a SCREW is $49,090 (800A) and $53,850 (801A)...I don't understand why people spend that kind of money for a used Raptor when they could purchase a new one.

This past December, I was just browsing the lots...I was looking to get a Eco-boost FX4, but a dealer had a new Raptor SCREW sitting on the lot, and after 2 days of negotiations, they came down to $46,500 (800A, beadlocks, and trailer brake controller). Whatever the 801A package comes with, I don't miss it...because the 800A package gave me an extra $5000 to spend on useful mods.

Gilligan

Reaction score
My 2014 as very option other than SE package or the blue interior. 54K OTD.

Figure in the included warranties with a new one, along with better interest rates and you're looking at new for those prices.

OP
OP
W

wwillmon

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. What should I be paying for a used one?

My problem is I'm in west texas right in the middle of the oil boom, so they know they can get those prices. I may have to just wait and go to the DFW area or Houston or somewhere.

The 2011 I might be able to get for a better deal because I know the owner so I might be able to get it for like 42?

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone. What should I be paying for a used one?

My problem is I'm in west texas right in the middle of the oil boom, so they know they can get those prices. I may have to just wait and go to the DFW area or Houston or somewhere.

The 2011 I might be able to get for a better deal because I know the owner so I might be able to get it for like 42?

For as many Raptors that were built, the resale values amaze me...and it's across the board no matter what state you live in. Even the '10 5.4L Raptors have held their values pretty well. IMO, anyone capable of spending 40-50k for a used Raptor (especially out of warranty), should just get a new one with a full factory warranty, lower interest rates, and no vehicle history/abuse. Used v/s new, won't make $100 difference in the payment...and if $100/month makes or breaks the budget, then a Raptor probably isn't the right vehicle for them to begin with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wwillmon

Reaction score
Good point. I wouldn't mind buying used but I just saw today where a dealership had a 15,000 markup on a new raptor. Which put it about 75,000 plus with all other fees that's close to 80,000 out the door. That seems a little ridiculous to me, but it seems like around here that's how all the dealerships are.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try and find a new one on the lot somewhere. Those are new prices for used raptors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free