Looking to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

george16

Reaction score
I currently drive an Infinit g37. But I have been looking long and hard at the raptor.
I really like it and I ant one.
However, I have a few questions.
I want something relatively new. 2013 or 2014 with under 40k miles.
However the prices I see everywhere are high 40s to high 50s.
Didn't they cost that much when they were new? Or has the price gone up since ford stopped making them?
Any suggestion as to where to look to get a good price? I tried car max and cars.com. I'd like to keep the price around $45k.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently drive an Infinit g37. But I have been looking long and hard at the raptor.
I really like it and I ant one.
However, I have a few questions.
I want something relatively new. 2013 or 2014 with under 40k miles.
However the prices I see everywhere are high 40s to high 50s.
Didn't they cost that much when they were new? Or has the price gone up since ford stopped making them?
Any suggestion as to where to look to get a good price? I tried car max and cars.com. I'd like to keep the price around $45k.

Yes Raptors are holding their price, supply and demand thing, you can find a 2012 under 40K miles for around $45k. If it's built any expect to pay more though

OP
OP
G

george16

Reaction score
Thanks guys.
Ok few more questions. All these used car websites, and dealers, never advertise the features with 100% accuracy. So I usually try to look at the pictures to determine if a feature is really there or not. I have cooled seats in my G37. I live in south florida, so this is very importnat to me. In the 2012 Raptors, I know what the switch looks like. But in 2013 and 2014, it looks like the AC console was changed a bit. How can I tell by looking at the switches if it has the cooled seats?
Also, are there any significant differences between the 2012/13/14 models other than just the age?

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford combined the 13-14 luxury features into one package, if it has nav, it has heated and cooled front seats. They are controlled by the climate section n the touchscreen. no touch, no cool.

13/14 had beefier frames, myFordTouch, hids,

12 had ford sync.

more info can be found in the various year threads here.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I could offer any meaningful advice other than above, it would be to look at some of the trucks that current members have listed. We, for the most part, are pretty **** about our Raptors and use tested mods to improve them. You may pay a little more for a well maintained truck here, but the ability to actually speak with the current owner and discuss the condition and treatment of their vehicle is invaluable in my book. If you can't buy an absolutely brand new, zero mile truck, then this is the next best thing.....

Ford Raptor For Sale! - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

Good luck with your search!!!!

OP
OP
G

george16

Reaction score
Thanks guys!
So I understand that the 13 and 14 are pretty much the same.

As for shopping on the forum, I will definitely look at that.