Looking to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcmill3

Reaction score
I've spent the last week searching dealers for a 2011/2012 super crew. I prefer black. There are a handful in the MD/DC/VA area but they are being scooped up quickly. If anyone is aware of a dealer that has what I'm looking for please shoot me a note.

I drove one at Apple Ford in Columbia last week. Sweet ride but it isn't black.

Thanks.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've spent the last week searching dealers for a 2011/2012 super crew. I prefer black. There are a handful in the MD/DC/VA area but they are being scooped up quickly. If anyone is aware of a dealer that has what I'm looking for please shoot me a note.

I drove one at Apple Ford in Columbia last week. Sweet ride but it isn't black.

Thanks.

There are likely a few at the All American Ford dealers in NJ....but expect to pay high dollar. They had a lot in stock when i was looking and were asking 5k over msrp

With regards to black, I have a tux black and I get mixed feelings about it regularly. It's a bitch to keep clean and is somewhat blah now that i look at her. But that's my opinion, I tend to flip flop with black - it's the only color car i have ever owned aside from charcoal grey and each time i say "the next will be <insert color here>" as much as i love the black, i think some of the other colors, ie ruby red, terrain, blue flame, look just awesome...

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try a search on Auto Trader.

I found a low mileage 2011 near Orlando, Fla
Used 2011 Ford F150 for sale
$47,995
3,626 miles
Black
VISIT Used Truck Dealership Sanford | Nations Trucks & Off Lease Serving Orlando, Daytona Beach & Tampa TO VIEW 83 PHOTOS! 2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew 4x4, flawless CARFAX with only 3K miles, fully inspected,...

Certified Used 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor SuperCrew 4x4 Truck SuperCrew Cab For Sale in Sanford FL | 1FTFW1R64BFC71424

Nations Trucks and Off Lease
1-888-578-7084

EFD_5924

Banned
Reaction score
Tuxedo black is very easy to maintain. The metallic in it hides imperfections and swirls. Mine stays nice as I use quick detail spray after each wash.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tuxedo black is very easy to maintain. The metallic in it hides imperfections and swirls. Mine stays nice as I use quick detail spray after each wash.

You don't learn...

Black is horrible. It shows every swirl mark, every tree scrape. The metallic does nothing to hide it.

EFD_5924

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, black is bad but the tuxedo black metallic helps hide that stuff. It actually does not show dirt from day to day driving either. It was the only color choice for me as I didn't care for the others available. Mine is also a graphics delete truck too.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, black is bad but the tuxedo black metallic helps hide that stuff. It actually does not show dirt from day to day driving either. It was the only color choice for me as I didn't care for the others available. Mine is also a graphics delete truck too.

Does it sit in a garage? You can wash and wax it pull it outside and it looks like shit just from yard dust blowing around.

It is the hardest color to keep clean of the raptor colors. It always looks dirty.

EFD_5924

Banned
Reaction score
My truck is garaged now, but spent the first three years outside. I never had an issue with keeping it clean. No swirls or marks. This is not my first tuxedo black, so I had experience with how to keep looking its best. I have had regular black vehicles - that's where the paint is definitely hard to maintain.

D

Deleted member 12951

Does it sit in a garage? You can wash and wax it pull it outside and it looks like shit just from yard dust blowing around.

It is the hardest color to keep clean of the raptor colors. It always looks dirty.

Actually Ruby Red is probably just as bad, its a fingerprint magnet too. I gave up and now could care less, it stays dirty. Probably need to sell all my Adams products as that is all a distant pipe dream....