Looking at a 2012 Screw high mileage. Advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cole9156

Reaction score
It has 93k miles and they are asking $33.9k for it. How much should I offer?
Also would like to know everything I should inspect before purchasing. Any problems that you guys have had I would like to look for so any advice helps. Thank you.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Were you able to purchase an extended warranty?

no i didnt even ask honestly, at 119 things will eventually start breaking down.
i would just rather fix it myself to know its done properly and in a professional manner.

slosvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought my '12 with 80k for 35999. Loaded, great carfax 1 owner, bought and traded at the same dealer. Moon roof, heated/cooled, gps, luxury package. Check for the rust though, found bubbles under my drivers side rear cab corner. Paint finally popped off but ford won't accept it yet because there isn't an actual "hole". Do the research and ask the questions. I did thankfully purchase the 3yr/36k warranty. May be needing a power steering pump soon.

OP
OP
C

Cole9156

Reaction score
Went to the dealership to check this one out yesterday. Everything looked good on it for the mileage it was at. Looked like the previous owner took care of it. Salesman had the carfax printed out. Luckily I did my research before going and knew it had front end disabling damage because he printed his carfax so the damage report was split between two pages and the two or three lines stating "primarily front end damage and disabling" were missing. He tried to tell me it was rear end damage. So I called him out on it and made him reprint the car fax. This time the damage report was in the middle of the page with all information. Not part at the bottom of the page and the rest on the next page. Obviously he did this on purpose but He tells me he and the owner did not know it was front end damage. So I tell him since he thought it was rear end damage when he came up with the asking price for the truck he needs to recalculate and lower that price since front end damage is worse than rear end. He wouldn't budge. The bed was also torn up and rusted from where it looked like the extender had been ripped out. And he didn't know if the shocks had ever been rebuilt. He wanted 40k after tax, tag, title and dealer fee and warranty. It had 93k miles on it. I told him to call me when he couldn't sell it for what he was asking and walked out.

Aaroneous

Reaction score
I did thankfully purchase the 3yr/36k warranty.

What company did you go through for your warranty? Curious what kind of price tag is on that type of coverage at 80k miles -- I'm looking at one with 72k and am researching warranties.