Looking at a 2010 Raptor...What to look for??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I currently have a '15 Rubicon and am tore about this, but have always wanted a Raptor. Its a 2D with 57K for $35K. I know I will like how it rides over my lifted Rubicon on 37's. It doesn't have a warranty, but my Jeep has a 60K mile one. Any tips or thoughts on what to look for??

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I was also thinking of waiting for the new one, but I'm sure that will be out of my budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like a terrible price depending on options. Mine was $31,000 loaded with 70k miles. You do get quite a bit more from a 2011+ though. Select shift, multi function display, etc. I don't think I'd buy one that wasn't bone stock either.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like a terrible price depending on options. Mine was $31,000 loaded with 70k miles. You do get quite a bit more from a 2011+ though. Select shift, multi function display, etc. I don't think I'd buy one that wasn't bone stock either.

This one is bone stock with backup camera on the mirror and no NAV which I like because I find them distracting. Its a local truck that I doubt was anymore than a DD that never saw off road.

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like you've made up your mind. I'd check the control arms, skid plates and diffs for major damage. I doubt you'll find anything. Also check the back of the transmission pan for oil. If it has fluid on it the bulkhead seals are probably bad. Would make the dealer change them before purchase.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
The size of the truck width and length is my biggest issue. I can maneuver my Jeep in and out of every garage or parking spot. The wider and longer body would also cause some issues on the current trails and camping spots I go to. Also trading a toy for a 5 year older toy for same amount that I currently owe. Better on road ride would be nice with less wind noise and a much more powerful engine. Not knowing everything that was done in the truck. Just really hard to let go of this. I'm just using this thread to talk me into or out of the Raptor.

9e169c6108ab5dfbc1793e95b7a2b5cc.jpg

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The size of the truck width and length is my biggest issue. I can maneuver my Jeep in and out of every garage or parking spot. The wider and longer body would also cause some issues on the current trails and camping spots I go to. Also trading a toy for a 5 year older toy for same amount that I currently owe. Better on road ride would be nice with less wind noise and a much more powerful engine. Not knowing everything that was done in the truck. Just really hard to let go of this. I'm just using this thread to talk me into or out of the Raptor.

9e169c6108ab5dfbc1793e95b7a2b5cc.jpg

My Raptor is the most comfortable ride I've ever had. On stock tires, road noise is very small. As for parking, size, and other stuff, it's all preference. I'm the guy that parks way out in a lot so an idiot doesn't smash my door. However, I have had issues in parking garages before, particularly airport garages. All preference. But if you're going to own a Raptor, at least plan to utilize it a little. By the look of that jeep, seems your already in the correct mindset.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
My Raptor is the most comfortable ride I've ever had. On stock tires, road noise is very small. As for parking, size, and other stuff, it's all preference. I'm the guy that parks way out in a lot so an idiot doesn't smash my door. However, I have had issues in parking garages before, particularly airport garages. All preference. But if you're going to own a Raptor, at least plan to utilize it a little. By the look of that jeep, seems your already in the correct mindset.

There is really nothing better than a Rubicon for me. It can go everywhere pretty easily and can be a DD. The biggest issue is its loud and doesn't ride great even though mine has a great suspension. It rides better than any Jeep I have ever been in. I would love the cushy ride of the Raptor, but would miss the top down of the Jeep. I have almost $15K invested in this Rubicon and will barely get what I owe in trade in. Not sure it's worth the hit.

Even though I don't get off road as much as I want, the Jeep looks great and is a blast around town with top down. I think if the Raptor was certified and had a warranty I might look at it but I still have 4 years or 50K miles left on my Rubicon.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Maybe I should wait until new ones come out and see how I feel after 2+ years with my Jeep.

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
Just parked next a Raptor and I really think that it will be too wide and too long for my garage so I think I may have talked myself out of a Raptor for now. I appreciate the comments though.