Looking @ buying this Raptor. Advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

barretta21

Reaction score
Hey guys, so have always wanted a raptor and think its finally time to get one. There is a dealer that has a truck close to me and I'd like to hear everyones thoughts. I reviewed the "What to look for" thread and this is what I found...

First of all the truck is a 2013 SCAB 78,000 miles - 1 owner.

Asking price is 36,599

Ive attached some pictures below. First thing i looked for was rear of the cab for if the bed had created dents. I discovered some small ones but dont really think it anything to worry about as some touch up paint should fix it and it seems like that is fairly common on these trucks. Next thing I looked for is rust. Overall the frame is ok but there is definitely some rust under rear fenders, some bolts, on the cats and exhaust etc. seems like there is more than there should be for being only 5 yrs old. Definitely seemss like it was driven through water a few times. Also I took some pictures of the holes that go all the way through the fame in the rear wheel wells. There seems to be alot of dirt packed in there and im not sure how hard it would be to remove or if that is common. The skid plates all look fairly clean and dent free so thats good and also the paint and rest of body is in near perfect shape. Also all gapping looks to be good and uniform. Last thing is kinda weird but it appears they replaced the rear tires with one BF AT KO2 and the other is just a KO that looks like its been sitting outside forever cause thwere is a little bit of cracking. Fronts are at about 30% tread life.

I do live in somewhat rural america and there is alot of dirt, rock roads etc. keep that in mind.

Becuase of the underneath I think that 36,599 price is a bit high and thinking more around 32-33K would be a deal? Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Wouldnt let me copy and paste picks they are in this google drive link or flikr, whichever one is easier for you!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15gc1eoNnBE44snjBG0MZ7j6uUoGwB0Rm

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157712124@N06/6P1ob9

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Last edited:

will61

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That doesn't look like a bad price but yes I'd agree that 32-33k would be a great deal. Every Raptor that I've seen in the great lakes region is similar underneath. You can always hold out and buy one from the south. I'm looking for a southern one currently.

Good Luck!