Keep 14 Raptor vs. Shelby F150 vs New Roush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjklein4470

Reaction score
Delima:

Keep my 14 SE Raptor: And just do some updates. Tiers, SC, front and back bumper, ect...

Trade: Shelby F 150

Or

Trade: Roush F 150 Lariat

cpetes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Build up the Raptor. Better resale value, more exclusive, and looks a whole hell of a lot better

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk, that shelby F150 (assuming you mean 15+) would be pretty sweet with a raptor body conversion. Newer truck, little more refined, etc. If money's not a worry thats probably what I'd do.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't trade for a Shelby, the novelty will wear off! You could easily upgrade your raptor and buy a used gt500 with the difference !!

OP
OP
R

rjklein4470

Reaction score
The shelby F 150 there will only be 500 made, but I am on the fence. $96K for a truck is a lot, but for some reason I can not dismiss the the Shelby.

I have not seen one in person, I have a deposit on the grey with silver stripes. The stealer is really making it hard because the sales person is pretty efffffing good at his job.

The Shelby package would be cool on my 14.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're about fancy branding and overpriced appearance mods, then Shelby all the way. You're definitely not getting more performance and offroad capability from the Shelby vs spending that same additional cost on modifying your Raptor through any one of the reputable vendors on this forum.

In addition, I kind of look at the Shelby or the Roush as being targeted at those who just want a turn-key modded truck and don't intend to do much of anything major after the fact. If you still end up dumping money into it other then basic appearance mods than you're defeating the resale value argument.

Plus, when someone blows past you in the dirt or on the street in their non-Shelby modified Raptor are you going to be content in proclaiming your #n of 500 truck while choking on the exhaust fumes and dust kicked up by the non-Shelby Raptor? It's definitely a case of get it if you want it, but don't try to justify it as being functionally better than what you could've done otherwise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

But the Shelby Baja raptor with all the Rogue suspension with the proper driver should be able to blow past a non-shelby or be neck-to-neck with it. Look at the package, not only is it some eye candy but 700hp with some kickass suspension.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@RDFTS I agree, but I'm of the mindset that money being equal I'd rather spend the money all on functional improvements. It's not like the Shelby Raptor is ever going to get into the same realm as an AC Cobra from an investment perspective. Paying for a Shelby is the only way to legitimately get the name and if that's your priority then nothing from an alternative method of purchase will replicate that.

Personally, I vote he do both methods. Get the $45k Baja 700 package and also take another Raptor and dump $45k into it. Then, he can objectively say how right or wrong we are. I'm just throwing out my completely subjective opinions.

Last edited: