It's finally come that time to where I can actually afford a raptor, but need help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
I have one in my sights that I am going to look at soon in 10 days but have some concerns. Its a 1 owner silver 2012 ford raptor with 74800 miles supercrew. It has many mods including Volant Cold air Intake, Spintech muffler, aftermarket wheels, JL audio sub, warn winch and then this is when the mods start to worry me a little bit. He replaced the rear bumper with an aftermarket one, and put a new steering pump on. He said he upgraded the steering reservoir to an antii-cavitation RCV unit he says to help with larger tires? He also replaced the Iwe system with a RCV IWE eliminator kit which worries me the most.
Should I still mess with this truck, and how hard is it to remove this Rcv eliminator kit and replace the stock IWE.

Last edited:

raulsterXDozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not aware of RCV making a steering reservoir, maybe you mistook for RPG? If so that's a plus. And ford IWE's are crap. I installed RCV's eliminator kit last month and love them so far. 4X4 whenever I need without the dreaded popping and disengaging.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not aware of RCV making a steering reservoir, maybe you mistook for RPG? If so that's a plus. And ford IWE's are crap. I installed RCV's eliminator kit last month and love them so far. 4X4 whenever I need without the dreaded popping and disengaging.
run the car fax on it first. this way you would know at least the history if it matches the description. secondly aftermarket stuff that's on the truck is a plus. find someone in the area to get this truck on the lift and give it a good inspection. sounds like it had its time of play offroad. no big deal as long as it was maintained properly. its not the miles its the condition that would play a big role in your final decision making. best of luck.

D

Deleted member 12951

I will trade you the Rcv eliminator kits for my stock IWE's, and I will cover shipping both ways if you decide to get the truck.

Doc Constantine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got an online link to the truck? I wouldn't worry about the IWE kit, if my stockers went out I'd probably go that route as well.

You sort of mention larger tires, but no specifics. Are they 37's? What brand? Does it have fenders? Have the pinch welds been hammered?

Hunter Dewey

Reaction score
Yeah, be sure to check under there at the tires. Tried putting 37's on mine and it completely failed even on top perch. Rubbing issue causing a little damage to the fender, but all turned out well as I went back down to Toyo Open Country M'T's at 35's on Mid perch. Just keep that in mind when looking at the truck.

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, and this isn't a bash on raptor owners because I'm one of them, lots of folks will upgrade their trucks based on aesthetics, forum input and previous vehicle experience. Just because a truck has mods/upgrades doesn't necessarily mean the truck was beat on. From the items you listed I wouldn't be too worried.