Insight on my potential raptor... (auction values or personal opinions)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mokang

Reaction score
Long time lurker and finally registered to the site. I am not sure why i waited so long to do so... anyhow heres my situation.

I am a couple days in on working a deal on a 2012 Screw with 41k miles and CPO to 8/2019 or 100k.

I am curious if anyone has access to Manheim or similar auction data so i can see how close i am to the bottom price. The truck has all options (nav, sony, both cameras etc) and overall is spotless underneath. It does have a CAI from Roush and a sweet set of 37" Goodyear MT/R kevlars on it....so enthusiast owned. It also sports a sweet scratch on the right rear of the bed/quarter panel near where the graphics might have been. Someone hit something gently but beyond a simple nice buffer repair.

In the NW these seem to be in demand much like everywhere else so what would you say is a great deal?

Background.
For the past couple years i have lusted (who hasnt) over a raptor. I race cars and have been using an older v10 excursion for sometime as my tow vehicle. My kids are getting older and my racing is slowing down... so i am very interested in selling my soul for a raptor. I will be unloading a fantastic daily driver (fiesta ST) and eventually the tow rig (replace by some basic daily to balance mileage on the raptor)..

My only concerns are with the IWE which looks to be easily solved by RCVs solution. Any comments or thoughts here would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for auction pricing, personal opinions and any guidance you all want to share.

Mike

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the mayhem!!! Good luck with your purchase - it will be everything you thought it would be and more.

I would look through some of the recent posts from members selling Raptors and what they were asking for them. There is a wide range of opinions regarding what these things are worth, but whatever you decide, if you buy one, you will soon find out it was worth it.....

OP
OP
M

Mokang

Reaction score
I was trying to figure out what they did to fit them. It looks like stripped the fender liners out, but going back to inspect it again today.

I priced out parts of the RCV options ($400 for some but not including the axles). Is the IME death that frequent? I know often a forum can appear as such, but real world experience could be different. I have followed the issue for awhile, but a friend recently had some good evidence to be cautious based on his experience.

Regarding the for sale ads that has been most of my data to understand real market value. I think buying for mid 40s with CPO could be the right deal for me. I need to be certain i understand the value of CPO vs no CPO.

Seems the warranty is not quite bumper to bumper.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out what they did to fit them. It looks like stripped the fender liners out, but going back to inspect it again today.

I priced out parts of the RCV options ($400 for some but not including the axles). Is the IME death that frequent? I know often a forum can appear as such, but real world experience could be different. I have followed the issue for awhile, but a friend recently had some good evidence to be cautious based on his experience.

Regarding the for sale ads that has been most of my data to understand real market value. I think buying for mid 40s with CPO could be the right deal for me. I need to be certain i understand the value of CPO vs no CPO.

Seems the warranty is not quite bumper to bumper.

Well, that's scary. They probably RIPPED the fender liners out (not on purpose) because they put on 37s which won't fit without some more serious modifications.

I thought the RCV axles were in the realm of $2,500 - not an insignificant price.

I've broken my front axle twice, though both replaced under warranty.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a dealership down to $42k on a certified/loaded '12 SCREW with 46k miles but didn't want another black truck.

I'd be wary about the 37's and no-liner situation though. Try to get some pictures when you see it next.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dad prices them in April of this year at Mecum. My 13 averaged at about 45-48. 32,*** 801 and cameras.

Guten Tag btw

OP
OP
M

Mokang

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will try to get more pictures up but fender liners are there up front but nothing in the rear. Is that normal? I cant seem to see anything done on the front or rear suspension to make it all clear.

What would normally rub or not fit with 37s on?

We are in the low 44s now and guessing they have about $40-$42k in it.

Kngranch

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will try to get more pictures up but fender liners are there up front but nothing in the rear. Is that normal? I cant seem to see anything done on the front or rear suspension to make it all clear.

What would normally rub or not fit with 37s on?

We are in the low 44s now and guessing they have about $40-$42k in it.

Here is the current auction pricing. The pricing doesn't account for the vehicle being a CPO, this is something the dealer adds/pays for.

e5395229ab67ccb476edb5eb840f802d_zpsc9q7wdgv.jpg

e73575bc7f31d9db83398f16a42ac09c_zpsgtqfcre9.jpg

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, based off that chart, a fully loaded 12 screw with 44k miles priced at 44k is probably close to what the dealer paid for it?