I need a new Raptor , but where to buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calidave

Reaction score
Im in So Cal.. I will pay MSRP, the dealer I usually use is way over MSRP. I will drive from AZ or Oregon or some nearby state. Anyone have experience with any dealers I can work with or sales people?

on a side note.. I've always gotten white trucks, but the Magnetic looks amazing in pics.. whats the opinion on that color?

Thank you

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing at MSRP in the Western US at this point.... you may find 4 or 5K.

Have you looked on Raptorfinder.com? ;-)

I went to AZ to buy mine. :wink:

OP
OP
C

calidave

Reaction score
I will try that .. Thank you

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

I was looking on that site.. Living in CA , do I have to choose CA Emissions? As that really narrows down the choices.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We need a running tally of all of the posts made by Californians complaining that California is expensive.

Seriously, it's getting ridiculous.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try that .. Thank you

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

I was looking on that site.. Living in CA , do I have to choose CA Emissions? As that really narrows down the choices.

So here's the low down, I posted this on another thread :
So I chased this to ground before I bough my truck out of state...

ALL Gen 2 Raptors have 50 STATE EMISSIONS
PEROD DOT.

"California Emissions" on the window sticker is a no cost option.
California actually doesn't care what's on the window sticker. If you buy out of state you will need:

Smog Cert - yes you will have to go and have your brand new truck tested. THAT IS WHO will verify that the sticker in the engine bay says it has 50 state emissions.

Weight Cert - California treats Pickups as a Commercial Vehicle so it has to be weighed to determine the weight fee.

SALES TAX - California will collect the sales tax LESS whatever you paid where you bought it.

Certificate of Origin (Title) - you have to have the dealer/lender send a title cert to DMV.

I'm not guessing... I'm doing it now. And I have some experience with the California Vehicle Code.

IF A DEALER says - It doesn't have California emissions - ask the sale guy to go pop the hood on the truck and read the emissions sticker and call you back if it says "50 state emissions". I "educated" a couple of dealers during my hunt...

"Why don't they just put it on all the window stickers?" California Emission used to have a performance impact, in some parts of the country they do NOT want that on the window sticker because of the negative connotation. ;-)

window sticker doesn't matter. California DMV only cares about what is on the emissions sticker.

Pop the hood and look at the emissions sticker ( on the underside of the hood, left of the latch )

If it says California...and if it's a GEN 2 Raptor it will.
You are good to go.

CALIFORNIA DEALERS would like you to believe you have to buy from them. :wink:

Last edited: