I Need Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the trip next week to pick up my Raptor. I'm flying out to St. Louis and driving back to Maryland. I'll be traveling on Interstate 64 as my main route back to Maryland. Does anyone know of some good places to stop on the way back? I will have my 10 year old son with me and will be taking our time coming back, but want to hit some good points of interest. I already plan on stopping at the Louisville Slugger Factory, but after that, I'm winging it. Any thoughts people?

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe the arch in st Louis? And definitely the Anheuser Busch factory out there. Free beer at the end!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell ya. Indy would be one place, the track is a great place to visit, Brickfest is next weekend, concerts and race. Fun shit. Also, Dayton, OH, one of the best airplane museums in the country at Wright Patterson AFB. Awesome! Even has a B36 my dad personally flew...ok, I am partial to the place. Hershey, PA no doubt and a day or two at Gettysburg. And if you get up farther north, Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH has a couple of NOT TO MISS roller coasters....check height requirements (48" and 52").

Top Thrill Dragster World's Fastest Roller Coaster Front Seat POV Onride Cedar Point Ohio - YouTube

Last edited:

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dealer did you buy from here in St. Louis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Grants farm is pretty cool, I think you can take your kid on the brew tour at anheiser. Cardinals games are always fun

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive a little north to Springfield, Il. See Lincoln's home and library..You can take 74 back and connect to 64 in WV

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I'm taking the trip next week to pick up my Raptor. I'm flying out to St. Louis and driving back to Maryland. I'll be traveling on Interstate 64 as my main route back to Maryland. Does anyone know of some good places to stop on the way back? I will have my 10 year old son with me and will be taking our time coming back, but want to hit some good points of interest. I already plan on stopping at the Louisville Slugger Factory, but after that, I'm winging it. Any thoughts people?

I'm originally from Louisville. While there you should also go to the science museum. It's right down the street from Louisville Slugger. Also you could tour Churchill Downs. When you go through Lexington KY there are several horse farms that do tours. A quick google search should show some on your route

OP
OP
SVT Bob18

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dealer did you buy from here in St. Louis?

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Grants farm is pretty cool, I think you can take your kid on the brew tour at anheiser. Cardinals games are always fun

Broadway Truck Sales

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Thanks everyone...once again you all have come through and given me plenty to think about. I will definetly see the St. Louis Arch before I blow out of town. After that, we'll see where the road takes us. I certainly have a good enough list of ideas, thanks to you guys. I can't wait to hop on that plane Thursday morning. My son is psyched and can't wait to go either. To be honest, I'm more interested in the road trip with my son, than I am for getting the Raptor. Don't get me wrong...I'm gonna smile for almost 900 miles (and he will too) and can't wait to get started. But let's face it, although it is a Raptor, it's still just a truck. The real joy is the drive back and making those memories with my son.
Thanks again to all for your ideas!