How to order online?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlyingTexan

Reaction score
So what happens with a quote I build from ford? If I build it and ford lists a price with delivery do other dealerships still get to look and decide if they want to tack on a higher than msrp price? I can't find a single one online that I liked and built mine the way I wanted so what happens now? Also when you order like this when do you pay for the thing? Do I have to sit there and make payments on it while waiting months for delivery? What if I'm trading something in do they guarantee a price on that vehicle then or do they wait a few months then try to haggle you down on it after you are already obligated on the raptor?

Thanks!

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what happens with a quote I build from ford? If I build it and ford lists a price with delivery do other dealerships still get to look and decide if they want to tack on a higher than msrp price? I can't find a single one online that I liked and built mine the way I wanted so what happens now? Also when you order like this when do you pay for the thing? Do I have to sit there and make payments on it while waiting months for delivery? What if I'm trading something in do they guarantee a price on that vehicle then or do they wait a few months then try to haggle you down on it after you are already obligated on the raptor?

Thanks!

You aren't actually ordering anything when you build online. You need to take that printout (if you can get one) and head to your local dealership to order for you. Its up to that dealer what they will price it at. If you don't like the price they through out, head to a different dealer.

I'd probably call around to A) Find out if that dealer has any allocations left 2) If they do have allocations, what they are asking price wise (MSRP, MSRP+, etc...)

If neither of those questions are positives, you need to expand your search outside your local.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FlyingTexan,
When you build your Raptor and come up with a MSRP and go shopping you have some ammo. It is the M anufactures S UGGESTED R etail P rice. The MSRP gives the dealer a very good profit over their invoice price. That's why you can buy a chevy pickup discounted $6,000.00 off MSRP and the dealer still makes a profit...though both the manufacturer and dealer eat some of the loss of profit.
The dealer can ask whatever they want. While the supply of Raptors is small they will ask for more; as the supplies catch up with the demand prices WILL drop. Personally I think that every fool that pays MSRP deserves to be parted with their $; more so when paying 'market adjustments" of $1.00 to $20,000 or more!
When you order your Raptor you will put a deposit on the order. You can add to the deposit while waiting for the truck to be manufactured and shipped, and end up needing to pay less when it arrives, (A SMART move). But you do not need to.
When ready to purchase my 2013 I priced out the Raptor I wanted and took the figure to my local dealer, and told them that I was going shopping for the best price. I informed them that they need only be within $500.00 of my best price and I would buy from them. I visited every Ford dealer within 90 miles over the next two weeks getting a price from each dealer and making sure that they understood what I was doing.
I returned to my local dealer with a list of 21 prices...(ALL under MSRP); and sat down with one of the two salesmen. I then gave them a copy of my build , and he went back into his office and pulled the original paperwork from 2-3 weeks earlier, and pulled out their price....$4,000.00 below msrp! They beat the best price elsewhere by over $500.00).My 2013 MSRP was over $52,000; I paid $48,000.00...(plus tax etc.) Just under $52,000 after taxes...(Suffolk county, NY sales tax is 6.825%). The dealer still made a healthy profit; I was happy with my price.
Was I lucky? Maybe. However I had 20+ quotes under MSRP. By the time mine was made, the frames had been strengthened, and the "Clunk" driveshaft problem was history.
If you need one right now you will have a much more difficult time. Mine was ordered December 2012; arrived late Feb 2013, and picked up after the salt from a snow storm had been washed away by heavy rain in early March 2013.
Good luck; remember it's your money you can spend it however you want...wherever you want...
Eddie