How does the process work? Overseas build and ship

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bink1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo!
I am looking to order a 2013 Screw here real soon. I was wondering if anyone knows the process of ordering a gulf spec Raptor, with the exact options that I want...

I guess my question is this- Can I do the same build process that everyone else gets to do in the States, or am I stuck with what ever the local dealers can get over here?

I am in Abu Dhabi, UAE

Bink

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I've seen others post, your hands are mostly tied with their rigid rules (and in many other ways besides the truck right?). You might get away with mods that aren't readily apparent like a tune? Someone here will fill you in, but you can also go back thru new member check-ins and review - this has come up many times before. Maybe PM someone there, and find out what they are getting away with

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yo!
I am looking to order a 2013 Screw here real soon. I was wondering if anyone knows the process of ordering a gulf spec Raptor, with the exact options that I want...

I guess my question is this- Can I do the same build process that everyone else gets to do in the States, or am I stuck with what ever the local dealers can get over here?

I am in Abu Dhabi, UAE

Bink

I'm currently in the process of having a Raptor ordered, built, shipped to a tuner, and shipped to me in the UK, so if that's what you're talking about, I can probably help you with that process, however, I'm American working for the US government in the UK and am not subject to import taxes, fees, or Britsh rules on my car, which may not be the case for you where you live. Anyway, get in touch if it sounds like your situation.

OP
OP
Bink1109

Bink1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies fellas! I am curious if I can order from the ford website and have it shipped here, rather than to a dealer in the states?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

whipplesaurus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies fellas! I am curious if I can order from the ford website and have it shipped here, rather than to a dealer in the states?

I don't think you can, brotha. From my experience, the website isn't like an online vendor such as Amazon or Ebay. All it does is provide a central well known location for people to go and look at the merchandise, configure it, and then be shown where they can go to buy it. If you actually build a Raptor on the Ford website, when you're done, all it should do is point you in the right direction to dealers in your area with ballpark figures on prices. Even those prices are just suggestions, as the dealers will ultimately set the price on their lots.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can not order from the Ford web site. I don't think you can order any cars from any major manufacturer's web site. That's why OEMs have dealers.

And FORD dealers will not sell to non US citizens.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bink1109

Bink1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, damn...I guess I will wait for the 2013s to start showing up out here.