How does this carfax look?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cole9156

Reaction score
https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=UCL_1&vin=1FTFW1R69CFB41608&source=CFX

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had damage report, but looks like just a slight fender bender. May be used to negotiate a better deal. Maintained very well. But find out if the shocks are stock or had been rebuilt, and tire condition. Good luck. Have someone go over it. Just remember 2013 -2014 have some added features that the 12 does not have. What are they asking for the truck?

OP
OP
C

Cole9156

Reaction score
Had damage report, but looks like just a slight fender bender. May be used to negotiate a better deal. Maintained very well. But find out if the shocks are stock or had been rebuilt, and tire condition. Good luck. Have someone go over it. Just remember 2013 -2014 have some added features that the 12 does not have. What are they asking for the truck?

Thanks. I'm going to have it looked over by my boss who worked at a ford dealership for 25 years and then taking it to a ford dealership to have them look at it also. I'm just nervous about the mileage on it. They want $33,900 for it but I don't plan to go over $30,000.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm going to have it looked over by my boss who worked at a ford dealership for 25 years and then taking it to a ford dealership to have them look at it also. I'm just nervous about the mileage on it. They want $33,900 for it but I don't plan to go over $30,000.
You are going probably end up in between number. Do not be nervous about miles. Its the condition, not the miles that matter on any vehicle to some degree. Depends on how it was used and maintained. But again keep in mind shocks condition and potential for rebuilt and tires, the two biggest expenses. Good luck keep us posted

OP
OP
C

Cole9156

Reaction score
Went to the dealership to check this one out yesterday. Everything looked good on it for the mileage it was at. Looked like the previous owner took care of it. Salesman had the carfax printed out. Luckily I did my research before going and knew it had front end disabling damage because he printed his carfax so the damage report was split between two pages and the two or three lines stating "primarily front end damage and disabling" were missing. He tried to tell me it was rear end damage. So I called him out on it and made him reprint the car fax. This time the damage report was in the middle of the page with all information. Not part at the bottom of the page and the rest on the next page. Obviously he did this on purpose but He tells me he and the owner did not know it was front end damage. So I tell him since he thought it was rear end damage when he came up with the asking price for the truck he needs to recalculate and lower that price since front end damage is worse than rear end. He wouldn't budge. The bed was also torn up and rusted from where it looked like the extender had been ripped out. And he didn't know if the shocks had ever been rebuilt. He wanted 40k after tax, tag, title and dealer fee and warranty. It had 93k miles on it. I told him to call me when he couldn't sell it for what he was asking and walked out.