Hold out for V8?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a used one, get the V8, avoid the first few years of depreciation. Win, Win. I am a V8 guy regardless of how great the EB V6 is. I haven't driven one but the though of a 10 speed automatic transmission scares me a whole lot more than the engine. I can not stand driving a vehicle with an overly busy automatic.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really I doubt Ecoboost goes anywhere. That's where ford is pushing it's line up so it makes sense that the high profile lower volume vehicles showcase the new motors.

It's a gamble.. because come 3-5 years you may be posting about how you really want the sound of a combustion engine but the new raptors are electric or hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Snowsled says....Look at a first gen then. Save some money and if they do decide to come out later with a new V8, get it then, but still have a Raptor in your stable for the time being....

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score

1/3 of the ones that should be...

Maybe 1/2 if you figure the GT should have a small displacement V12, which would be awesome.

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Crash makes a good point...your meme is fail.

rt-because-thats-how-you-fail-an-evaluation-report.jpg

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I intentionally bought a used 2014 to make sure I got the V8. While its certainly faster, I couldn't get over how terrible the v6 sounds. Like, Ford couldn't even make it sound GT-R like, or something aggressive. I had a 2018 drive by me recently, and the sound that came from the pipes made me vomit.

So, I just have a pair of 6.2Ls lol

The V8 will not come back. Eventually, V8s may disappear entirely with the exception of heavy duty trucks.