Hold out for V8?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I really want a Raptor (will only pay MSRP or less), but I am afraid 2019 will bring a V8 and kill my resale value. Does anyone have information from a credible source about the future of a V8 Raptor? I have no problems with the V6; I actually like it more than a V8 because a lighter engine better suits the trucks purpose. My only concern is resale value (main reason my wife would let me get such an expensive truck we don't need).

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Resale value on these trucks is higher than regular pickups on both gens. No credible source on a release of a V-8 model that I aware of and doesn't seem likely with the amount of time and money Ford put into the tt6 but then again you never know. If you prefer the tt6 anyway there's no use in waiting!! Good luck!

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search for this same thread title but change the search criteria to 2010 and also in 2011/
+ 2014, and you'll be overwhelmed with advice which is still relevant (independent of motor allegiance).

Short answer, wait if you have to, but if money is no object never compromise/wait.

Probably not be a v8, but wouldn't be the first time fordperf. pulled a shocker

wheelman76

Reaction score
I highly doubt they would put a v8 in after just two years of production... My bet is this engine goes through until the next redesign of this style F150.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really want a Raptor (will only pay MSRP or less), but I am afraid 2019 will bring a V8 and kill my resale value. Does anyone have information from a credible source about the future of a V8 Raptor? I have no problems with the V6; I actually like it more than a V8 because a lighter engine better suits the trucks purpose. My only concern is resale value (main reason my wife would let me get such an expensive truck we don't need).

V6TT EB outsells the V8 on the standard F-150, so it isn't as undesirable as you might fear.

Most buyers will go with whatever puts out more power. If Ford hypothetically put the old 410hp V8 in the G2, I suspect most buyers would stick with the V6 EB for its better power and MPG.

I have the 450hp EB and no matter what Ford does next, my truck will always put a smile on my face every time I floor it.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold off, wait for the v8 raptor to come back is my advice. I just got my 2018 raptor 3 weeks ago and I absolutely love this thing. Out of every vehicle I’ve had and this is a big number the raptor is my favorite. As far as it having a v6 in it.. it’s rediculous fast for a truck. I never bought a vehicle with a v8 from the dealer with this much power so I’m very happy with the v6. Only missing is the v8 sound. If u want the v8 sound then hold off and wait maybe 3-5 years and hopefully they will release it with a v8. I just couldn’t wait any longer, I wanted this v6 raptor after driving a friends 2017. I will buy another one when the v8 option comes back though and have both.