Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CMSearle2

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the money you'd spend on a nice suspension setup, you might as well trade for that Raptor and put a powertrain warranty on it and go from there. We can handle your Silverado, but you're going to be sinking some coin into it to get where you want.

I guess that's my conundrum. My truck has 7500 miles and is immaculate. What's going to be the better long term solution:

Higher mileage Raptor that is ready to roll off the lot vs blank canvas. My only worry is dumping money into the Chevy and still wishing I had gone back to a Raptor.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get a low mileage Raptor
And you won't be sorry.
I'm Trading in my 14 Scab for the G2.
With tax savings, getting just under 50k.

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was in a similar boat earlier this year. Did a lot of searching and found my 2014 with +/- 16k miles. You mentioned Ohio, perhaps open up your search area? I currently live in Madison, WI, and I know they're several in WI and IL with lower miles that should lower the anxiety. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CMSearle2

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in a similar boat earlier this year. Did a lot of searching and found my 2014 with +/- 16k miles. You mentioned Ohio, perhaps open up your search area? I currently live in Madison, WI, and I know they're several in WI and IL with lower miles that should lower the anxiety. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Oh I've looked all over the country. This one was just especially appealing because it is priced right, 20 min from my house so I could inspect it personally, has beadlocks and a retractable hard bed cover and is 100% a street queen.

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh I've looked all over the country. This one was just especially appealing because it is priced right, 20 min from my house so I could inspect it personally, has beadlocks and a retractable hard bed cover and is 100% a street queen.
Sounds like you made up your mind already.....now go pick that bitch up!!!

Fyrman702

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation. Although i had never owned a Raptor, only drove them at the Raptor roundup events. Tried to go on a test drive once, salesman forgot to put gas in it and we had to return to the lot. Talked about getting one for a 3 years.

One day I had a great idea. I'll get a brand new Silverado 4x4 with zero percent financing. Family, friends and coworkers gave me a year with that. It was a nice truck but wasn't a Raptor. Considered a lift kit as well. After all the complaining and comments the wife told me to get a Raptor so she didn't have to hear me whining.

Began searching and found a 2013 Terrain fully loaded, minus front camera and sunroof with just shy of 27,000 mi. So 1 year and 4 months later I was a proud Raptor owner. It was a slight increase in the payment, but i was used to the large chunk leaving my bank every month already.

Every time I walk up to the truck i can't believe its mine. I always have a smile on my face. Recently added the Pedal Commander and it really wakes the truck up. Sounds like you really want a Raptor. Find the one that is in your budget and milage parameters and enjoy!!