Got my Raptor $2,940 under MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Mac Haik in Georgetown, TX. They had a white Raptor under MSRP. I was looking for a blue and they got me to look with a stock photo.

New 2018 Ford F-150 Raptor 4X4 EcoBoost - Georgetown TX - Mac Haik Ford Lincoln

That ad might be valid, but I came across a similar situation in Cincinnati where a Raptor was shown on a dealer website with a price well below MSRP. When following up on it for a friend, they told me their system erroneously applied their typical F150 discount to it and the posting was a mistake. Their posting was updated several hours later with a crappy dealer markup added to the MSRP.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That ad might be valid, but I came across a similar situation in Cincinnati where a Raptor was shown on a dealer website with a price well below MSRP. When following up on it for a friend, they told me their system erroneously applied their typical F150 discount to it and the posting was a mistake. Their posting was updated several hours later with a crappy dealer markup added to the MSRP.

I just sent them a message, so let's see what they say. i'm in Houston so not that far of a drive for me...

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is the reply I got back from the dealership. I'm guessing it was an automated message. I sent them a message back to confirm.

Attachments

• Raptor.jpg
    Raptor.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 130

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so that screen grab looks like crap. It is confirming the price of the Raptor. I sent them my trade in info and the system offered me a very fair price on my 2015 King Ranch. Once I get a confirmation back I will let you guys know. I am still pretty sure they will come back that the price was an error, but who knows they may end up honoring the price.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so that screen grab looks like crap. It is confirming the price of the Raptor. I sent them my trade in info and the system offered me a very fair price on my 2015 King Ranch. Once I get a confirmation back I will let you guys know. I am still pretty sure they will come back that the price was an error, but who knows they may end up honoring the price.

I will cross my fingers for you, but I would bet heavily that the price is a supposed error.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will cross my fingers for you, but I would bet heavily that the price is a supposed error.
As expected they checked and then told me the truck was sold. It is now back on their web site with a 5k ADM on it.

OP
OP
T

thewheel82

Reaction score
As expected they checked and then told me the truck was sold. It is now back on their web site with a 5k ADM on it.

Autonation Ford Gulf Freeway in Houston quoted me MSRP with a quick phone call. If you stop by in person I bet you could get them to come off a little bit. Good luck!

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autonation Ford Gulf Freeway in Houston quoted me MSRP with a quick phone call. If you stop by in person I bet you could get them to come off a little bit. Good luck!

I am not in any rush to get one, but if they would have honored the 7k off of course I would have drove down to pick it up.