Good price for a used Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

guitarist982

Reaction score
I suppose I’ve lurked long enough so it’s time for a post. I’ve eyed the Raptor on and off for several years, a couple test drives here and there, but the timing was never right. Now I’m in the position to get one and I have been waiting planning on patiently for the 2017 model to come around. Well, I’ve run out of patience over the last year -- and reading the literal 1000’s of posts on the issues the regular 2015+ F150 is having has scared me out of the first year model run of the Gen 2 Raptor what with the new frame/engine/trans/doodads. I figure if I can get in now and enjoy it for a few years without feeling rushed into a new model, why not?

So … here’s the three I’m looking at this weekend:

1. 2014 Tuxedo Black Special Edition (loaded w/ front cam) 21,798 mi. - $53K
2. 2014 Tuxedo Black (loaded no front cam) 14,191 mi. - $57K
3. 2014 Ruby Red Special Edition (loaded no front cam) 17,210 mi. - $56K

Sight unseen, option 1 seems like the obvious best deal. Actually, it seems like a great deal based on current prices or are the others just marked up that high? Also, any Raptor-specific things to look for in the used market? Frame damage, non-factory parts, rust under the tailgate, etc? All 3 will have remainder of the factory warranty and look bone stock from the photos. First time looking used and I know the dirty things I’ve done to every vehicle I’ve owned so I’m always suspicious … :secret:

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated. :favorites13:

--------------------
Aaron

D

Deleted member 12951

Number 1

Believe what to look for when buying used has been asked several times. Try using the search feature. I'll see if I can find it and post back....

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
#1.

Although I stare at Ruby Red Raptors every time I see one drive by.

Unless #2 is flawless, I would drop that one from the list

OP
OP
guitarist982

guitarist982

Reaction score
lol, damn .... I did a quick search and turned up a few derailed threads, but obviously somehow missed the entire Prospective Owners section. Not sure how - guess I was going through general and model year specific threads. I'll dig deeper through that, thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

#1.

Although I stare at Ruby Red Raptors every time I see one drive by.

Unless #2 is flawless, I would drop that one from the list

Thanks. Agreed -- I'm not even sure I've seen a Ruby in person so I need to check it out. Saw 2 blacks on my way into work today ...

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Tux SE? Hmm, I thought that was reserved for the Ruby red.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Gilligan

Reaction score
Even though I hate ruby red (the person, not the color) I think I'd try to use the price of the black SE as a bargaining chip to get the price down on the ruby red.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a Tux SE? Hmm, I thought that was reserved for the Ruby red.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Ruby red and black

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say the Ruby Red, there are less of this color on the road. You say you have not seen it, you need to in person. I have driven black trucks almost exclusively, the dealer I went to had 5 Raptors. I passed on the Black when I saw the Ruby Red. I would not get to hung up on front camera, I off road mine. I maybe turned mine on once or twice, usually drivin to fast to look at it. Just my 2 cents worth, have fun in what ever you get and post pics.