Good price? 2013 Raptor Supercrew Black Loaded 19k miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anton2005

Reaction score
I would like some feedback. I found a Black 2013 Raptor Supercrew loaded with 19k miles that I am considering purchasing. It has a rebuilt title due to damage to the passenger side doors, rocker panel and foot step. The original owner fought with the insurance company and ultimately replaced his Raptor with a brand new one since the Raptor was less than 12 months old at the time of the loss. The insurance company then sold the Raptor to the current owner as a salvage title. The Raptor has been professionally repaired and I have body shop documentation, before/after photos. It has been driven over 2,000 miles since the repairs were completed. With a clean title I believe this would be worth between $47-$52k. The Ford factory warrenty no longer applies due to this being a rebuilt Raptor. What would you pay if you test drove/inspected this Raptor and believed it to be repaired, like new condition and ran correct? Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
if you ever plan on reselling it I would personally avoid this at all cost unless you can get it for around 35k, however if you plan on keeping it forever then I don't see the issue with buying it as long as everything checks out.

OP
OP
A

Anton2005

Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions. Currently we have a deal in place for mid $30's. The truck looks to be prefect and only has 19,000 miles. But with the rebuilt title I am still not sure if this is a fair price or not?

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Anton2005 - just for argument's sake, have you done any research on reselling a vehicle with a salvage title? I never have myself, but have heard nightmare stories about it. Like mentioned above - if you plan on keeping the truck forever or doing something really big with it, then it isn't a bad deal. But things change, and it would be a bummer to get locked into this deal and regret it later.

One other thing to consider is the fact that Ford has essentially walked away from ever talking to you in the future about any warranty issues. I can speak from experience, these trucks are REALLY expensive to repair when something major goes wrong. Look through some of the threads and see what a transmission replacement costs. Or an engine. Or a rear end. Or some outer-body rust through. It is not insignificant.

Just do a little more research before pulling the trigger, because the extra $10k you may have to spend for a comparable Raptor that is still covered by Ford WILL be worth it down the road.

Good luck with your decision!!!

OP
OP
A

Anton2005

Reaction score
Thanks for the points to think about Ruby. If a major repair is needed, that could eat up a lot of the money I am saving by purchasing a rebuilt title Raptor. I have been researching the rebuilt market and the values seem to be around lower to mid 30's. If I don't purchase this rebuilt Raptor I will most likely wait until the fall and see how the Gen 1 market is looking then.

@Anton2005 - just for argument's sake, have you done any research on reselling a vehicle with a salvage title? I never have myself, but have heard nightmare stories about it. Like mentioned above - if you plan on keeping the truck forever or doing something really big with it, then it isn't a bad deal. But things change, and it would be a bummer to get locked into this deal and regret it later.

One other thing to consider is the fact that Ford has essentially walked away from ever talking to you in the future about any warranty issues. I can speak from experience, these trucks are REALLY expensive to repair when something major goes wrong. Look through some of the threads and see what a transmission replacement costs. Or an engine. Or a rear end. Or some outer-body rust through. It is not insignificant.

Just do a little more research before pulling the trigger, because the extra $10k you may have to spend for a comparable Raptor that is still covered by Ford WILL be worth it down the road.

Good luck with your decision!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0655.jpg
    IMG_0655.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_6336.jpg
    IMG_6336.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Perauto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RUN AWAY!!!
There is no deal good enough to but a Rebuilt raptor with no warranty. Many insurance company's and Banks will not loan or offer insurance on Salvage vehicles.