Good deal on a 2018 or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman76

Reaction score
See a 2018 white with 802A package and that's it on it on my preferred dealers lot. Was offered $1000 off list, I countered with $2000 and spray the bed with lineX. That a solid deal? If I get my way I shouldn't have too much downside depreciation-wise over the next couple years?

Currently I'm seeing I'm depreciating about $8000 a year on my 2015 platium averaging 24k miles a year. Thinking the raptor may not depreciate as badly averaging the same miles? Thoughts?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The first year the raptor will depreciate significantly, but after that it should slow down, it's always a gamble. Vehicles are usually not an investment and should not be considered, buy one to have fun, I'm going on over 7 years of enjoyment!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
sports cars, 4x4s, and specialty vehicles don’t depreciate at the same, more predictable rate as other vehicles. The market will have an impact. If Ford continues to punch out Raptors to where they’re sitting on lots, then yeah it’s going to depreciate more but not as much as any other f150.

It’s good to see people getting more reasonable deals now.

OP
OP
W

wheelman76

Reaction score
managed to get another $500 off... still mulling things over. To get to the point where it's a wash in what I'm paying monthly now I need to get another $1500 in either trade or off the price....

OP
OP
W

wheelman76

Reaction score
Well someone snagged my deal at list price before I could finalize things. Will be starting a new thread for my search.

D

Deleted member 12951

managed to get another $500 off... still mulling things over. To get to the point where it's a wash in what I'm paying monthly now I need to get another $1500 in either trade or off the price....

The dealership came down $2500 off MSRP and spray bedliner ($500 value) you are questioning that?

You are probably better off selling your trade-in privately as we both know they are not going to give you what its worth, just wholesale/auction/black book pricing and they will always want to go even lower than that. Bet if you make it two transactions and bring the cash from the sale of your truck, they won't be coming off MSRP very much if at all. They are absorbing it in the trade.

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Well someone snagged my deal at list price before I could finalize things. Will be starting a new thread for my search.

Yep. If you can get MSRP, get it. There is one at the dealership a mile from me but they have a $5k ADM.

OP
OP
W

wheelman76

Reaction score
They only came down $1500 total. Nothing else in that deal. I was on the fence as it was just an 802 option and I was wanting a couple other options. If the price was right I would look the other way on not getting exactly what I wanted.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Truth be told, I still have a gut feeling Ford is going to crank every one of these out that they can the next year or so and they will be sitting on dealer lots eventually. The deals will come, I'm patient and I still love my platinum with everything on it in the meantime.

achenator

Reaction score
They only came down $1500 total. Nothing else in that deal. I was on the fence as it was just an 802 option and I was wanting a couple other options. If the price was right I would look the other way on not getting exactly what I wanted.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Truth be told, I still have a gut feeling Ford is going to crank every one of these out that they can the next year or so and they will be sitting on dealer lots eventually. The deals will come, I'm patient and I still love my platinum with everything on it in the meantime.
I'm the same way. will be trading in a 16 platinum with 16k on it. Willing to pay MSRP for my exact truck but i'm not selling the farm to get it. My truck is paid for I don't NEED a new one. Writing a probably $25k at minimum check for the difference will be bad enough without an ADM.

OP
OP
W

wheelman76

Reaction score
Well as much haggling as I've been able to do the best I can get is $1500 off msrp at this point. They keep showing me all the emails that locating services are hitting them with to take their allocations if they can get them.

Gen2Rappie

Reaction score
Also currently shopping for MSRP or under. What pitch are you using to get them to come down to $1,500 under? Was that just the one dealer or have you found another that would do it?

Mind PM'ing me what dealers you're finding at or under MSRP? I'm just beginning my search so putting together a list of dealers where others have gotten MSRP or under before I start reaching out to them.