Good buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surffer227

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm coming from a totally different spectrum of the automotive world and I'm looking to buy a raptor! I have a Nissan 240sx that I drift and I'm looking to make that into a track car. I also have a work van so I really won't put too many miles on the truck.
I'm looking at a 2011 raptor with 150k miles on it. They are asking 28,000 for it, I'm hoping to get closer to 25,000. Now I know this is pretty high mileage but does this price tag make it worth it? I know the 2010s are a little cheaper than the 2011s but I'd prefer the 4door if possible. Aside from a dent on the front bumper the truck seems pretty clean, what do you guys think? Thanks in advance! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456841302.515523.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456841313.081713.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456841321.630860.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1456841396.770334.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first question is can you add any with it? I ask cause my buddy jut bought a 2012 with 47,000 for 40k. Truck looks clean, just 150k is a bunch of miles for me.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Do you do a lot of your own work on the cars? If you can turn your own wrench the deal would probably make more sense. Has the Raptor been offroad? How's the undercarriage look?

Service records? Has the Raptor been maintained? The interior (at least the drivers seat) looks pretty good for 150k.

My main concern is service history at this point.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where is the truck from? Get underneath and look really close under the rocker panels for rust. Check the cab where the top of the bed is, and see if there is any indications they have touched. Put your hands on the front suspension and see if there is any movement in the steering components. Check up on top of the belly pans and skid plates for mud and debris. Peel some of the weather stripping back around the doors and look for corrosion. If you can get away with it, pop the door sill covers off and look for rust and corrosion. If all those areas check out ok and the oils all look good, I'd say you got a pretty good deal going.

OP
OP
surffer227

surffer227

Reaction score
Yea I do all my own work, I actually used to be a mechanic at a ford dealer so I still have some hookups here and there. I can't tell any signs of significant off road use or abuse, clean title, and all that, I'd like to check the car facts out for service tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk