Giving up a Z06 for a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there is the what did you give up thread but I wanted to be a bit more specific. I have a 2006 LeMans Blue Z06 that I'm thinking of selling and I have always liked the Raptors.

I have always had performance cars since I was 16 but I've been toying with the idea of getting a truck and I don't want to end up regretting it. I've never owned a truck before so this would be a first for me. I just bought a quad and figured I'd need something to haul it around in so why not go all out. Also never owned a Ford, always been a Chevy guy.....:3638400157_e7de35b0.

So the question I have is do you guys that gave up your sports cars, muscle cars, whatever, regret your decision? Do you miss the acceleration and corning?

Thanks for the help guys! Here's a pic:
273-AB81BF4C854F-4946-0000021021AB399A_zps78a8f9c1.jpg

twinturbonium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not quite in the same class but I gave up my 2006 Evo MR for the truck and others have alos given up their Evos... I know one guy was debating GTR vs Raptor if i remember correctly.

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No

To be honest, I wish I had both. I love my Raptor and I would also love to have a new stingray. But if I had to choose, it would be the Raptor hands down. Way more fun and way more attention grabbing.

Aggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know there is the what did you give up thread but I wanted to be a bit more specific. I have a 2006 LeMans Blue Z06 that I'm thinking of selling and I have always liked the Raptors.

I have always had performance cars since I was 16 but I've been toying with the idea of getting a truck and I don't want to end up regretting it. I've never owned a truck before so this would be a first for me. I just bought a quad and figured I'd need something to haul it around in so why not go all out. Also never owned a Ford, always been a Chevy guy.....:3638400157_e7de35b0.

So the question I have is do you guys that gave up your sports cars, muscle cars, whatever, regret your decision? Do you miss the acceleration and corning?

Thanks for the help guys! Here's a pic:
273-AB81BF4C854F-4946-0000021021AB399A_zps78a8f9c1.jpg

How much? Any mods?

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would. It's two different animals. I had a 2011 C6 Grand Sport convertible. I liked it a lot. But I like my Raptor more. If I could afford both, I would have both.

155mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One guy that used to be on here sold his Raptor for a GTR.

The Raptor isn't going to be nearly as fun to drive on pavement as that Chevy, except for the feeling of "I'm in a big ass truck." Performance-wise, there's no comparison on pavement, unless it's how fast you can take speed bumps in a parking lot. I mean even a Camry can probably run circles around a Raptor.

If you can only have one vehicle, maybe the truck makes more sense as it is actually more practical. But if you can afford both, I think you would want both. They're both badass in each of their own arenas.

OP
OP
sublime1996525

sublime1996525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much? Any mods?

Only performance mods are a CAI and tune, it dyno'd at 473rwhp and 433rwtq.

27,500 miles. Ebony interior with titanium seat inserts. Upgraded the center console to the 2008 version which is a leather/carbon fiber look vs the plastic silver one. Down South Vettes ebony alcantara with titanium stitched steering wheel, elbow door pads, shifter knob and boot, ebrake handle and boot. Pioneer x930bt head unit stereo with navigation, Arc Audio speakers and amps with 10" subwoofer. Killer Bee air intake and tune. Tires are Michelin PS2's with maybe 10k miles 295/345 in size.

I forgot to mention it's a 2LZ so it has the memory and heated seats.

I'd like to get around $42k for the price but like everything that is negotiable. I can post more pics if you'd like.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

One guy that used to be on here sold his Raptor for a GTR.

The Raptor isn't going to be nearly as fun to drive on pavement as that Chevy, except for the feeling of "I'm in a big ass truck." Performance-wise, there's no comparison on pavement, unless it's how fast you can take speed bumps in a parking lot. I mean even a Camry can probably run circles around a Raptor.

If you can only have one vehicle, maybe the truck makes more sense as it is actually more practical. But if you can afford both, I think you would want both. They're both badass in each of their own arenas.

I definitely can't afford both even though I'd love to. I do have a Cruze for DD duty so the big hit on gas mileage wouldn't be as hard since it'd just be a weekend toy.

Last edited:

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion, A raptor will not chase down a Z06. Aint gonna happen. I have chased down a stock Vette, though, on the freeway. He was somewhat surprised. I get all the high performance that I need out of my Raptor. Since my CFO wont allow me two high performance vehicles, My raptor fulfills my needs.

Aggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only performance mods are a CAI and tune, it dyno'd at 473rwhp and 433rwtq.

27,500 miles. Ebony interior with titanium seat inserts. Upgraded the center console to the 2008 version which is a leather/carbon fiber look vs the plastic silver one. Down South Vettes ebony alcantara with titanium stitched steering wheel, elbow door pads, shifter knob and boot, ebrake handle and boot. Pioneer x930bt head unit stereo with navigation, Arc Audio speakers and amps with 10" subwoofer. Killer Bee air intake and tune. Tires are Michelin PS2's with maybe 10k miles 295/345 in size.

I forgot to mention it's a 2LZ so it has the memory and heated seats.

I'd like to get around $42k for the price but like everything that is negotiable. I can post more pics if you'd like.

Very cool. I would love to see more pics. Don't know that your price is inline because I haven't researched the values on them.

I personally own a highly modified CTS-V (800 whp) and a Ford Raptor. I love them both for different reasons. Couldn't pick just one.