Gen2 Raptor or a Rouge Built F-150?

Rogue 15 F150 or 18/19 Raptor?

• Rogue

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Raptor

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Excursion&Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the Raptor bug for a long time! It's time to pull the trigger. As I'm searching for a Raptor in the UAE I found this;
http://carvault.ae/collection#fancy-box-group-292-1
The price is high compared to a Raptor but everything it offers.. It's U.S. spec so no worries about getting it home if we need to move back state side.
Are they comparable or apples to oranges?

OP
OP
E

Excursion&Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealership claims that, Rogue built the truck and sent it out here. I know if buy a new Raptor it will require some modifications...

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Awesome truck for sure just know it will not have as good of resale value when you are done with it. Other than that that truck is definitely sick!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I'd go raptor.

They want the same $$$ for that tarted up f-150 as they want for a ferrari 512TR. That is absolutely nuts.

That and I would not trust that you'd get any worthwhile support or information out of rogue.

IMO, buy a raptor, make the mods as you see fit and get the bonus of knowing your truck inside and out.

OP
OP
E

Excursion&Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go raptor.

They want the same $$$ for that tarted up f-150 as they want for a ferrari 512TR. That is absolutely nuts.

That and I would not trust that you'd get any worthwhile support or information out of rogue.

IMO, buy a raptor, make the mods as you see fit and get the bonus of knowing your truck inside and out.

Pmed Rogue said it was built in house as a Rogue Racing R&D vehicle. It was then sold to a customer in the Middle East. All work was done by Rogue Racing or one of our partners (body shops and Shelby American).

It's cool but for once a week type truck I think the 18 Raptor will be the next truck for me. Unless I can get a large price drop.

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Pmed Rogue said it was built in house as a Rogue Racing R&D vehicle. It was then sold to a customer in the Middle East. All work was done by Rogue Racing or one of our partners (body shops and Shelby American).

It's cool but for once a week type truck I think the 18 Raptor will be the next truck for me. Unless I can get a large price drop.

I looked at it again, just to not feel crazy.

The cage in that truck needs a LOT of work to be triangulated and safe if you want it to do anything aside from being a mounting point for harnesses.

I would not drive that truck anywhere without a helmet on.

Go raptor. Half the fun will be building the truck up. There are a TON of new, cool, innovative suspension options that either just hit the market or are about to.

I'm sure Robby woods would love to see a full build with his designs hit the dirt in your neck of the woods.

I hear that RPG and SVC have some new stuff getting ready to release too.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cage is definitely a HUGE joke. Why would you do that? Instead of the tube following the pillar they drop it in front of the dash? The dash cross tube is stupid, the X brace that doesn't go to the corners, the whole thing is a bad joke. Agreed on that for sure.

To me, if they couldn't do a decent job on the roll cage, what else is badly flawed in the build?

I too, would start with a new Raptor.