Gen 1 sellers remorse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stickman89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope love the gen2. only thing I miss is rattling my neighbors windows but I'm sure they don't miss that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat Nelly

Banned
Reaction score
more like gen2 buyers remorse?

so I get a call from the local dealer who at one point wanted $85K out the door for a new Gen2. I see the hype is wearing off because they are now willing to let them go at MSRP only a few months later or this state ran out of idiots who were willing to pay $20K more.

So I decided to take another test drive, lets just say yes it is a great truck, excellent power, comfort to the moon, more gadgets and modes than I really care for. 10 speeds? really...there has to be another way. Then the motor stop start is way too PRIUS for me.

You find yourself paying more attention to what the truck is doing as compared to a driving experience of the Gen1. No fancy modes or gadgets, you get in the truck, start it and drive it like you stole it. Keeping the Gen1 for now.

I walked in anticipation for what ford can do next because this truck is not the answer. Instead of lining up and paying overpriced markups people should be boycotting ford and their decision to move away from V8 power. Buy an economy car if you want better mileage. Give us our fire breathing fuel hungry SVT truck. Ford Performance sucks and will NEVER sell the Gen1.

Last edited:

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BS post.

What does more power and torque have to do with a V8 vs V6?

What does more power and more torque have to do with fuel mileage?

Ok, if you were only talking auto start/stop...then maybe.

Justify your decision however you want....

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh oh, you dare speak blasphemy against the holy jennie. You will now incur the wrath of the snowflakes. They come bearing their banner of 'more horsepower and torque'.