Garage Kept or Outside in the Elements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the overall question was more along the lines of, "Is there benefit to keeping a vehicle in a garage?"

My opinion based on observations of my own vehicles (my truck in the driveway, wife's car in the garage) is that there are advantages to keeping a vehicle in a garage, whereas I can't think of a single advantage of having a vehicle exclusively subjected to the elements.

it makes YOU or your wife rather have the feel goods every morning lol

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep my 2012 Scab in the garage always. It has never spent a night outside as long as I have had it. In fact it has never even been in the rain. As you can guess it is not my daily driver. Only has 4300 miles on it. And I firmly believe in keeping a vehicle in the garage if at all possible. Even my daily driver is garaged. Makes it a lot better during those winter months when ice would be on the windshield. And in the summer when it would be baking in the sun.

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the input...now tell me to just buy the SCREW and keep it outside so i don't have to wait on the scab...haha

To be honest, the width of my garage might end up being my undoing regarding the scab also. I have a 2 car garage, so i really need to do the width measure to see if the SCAB for fit in with my wife's Ford Escape. If its not gonna fit width wise, then i guess my decision might already be made. I would really like to keep it inside....more for the sake of the sun than the snow...but like it was mentioned above, with it being the daily driver, its gonna get some weather on it. I guess its back to RaptorFinder to check out some SCREWS....just in case.

If only this dang VIN# would come in quicker....

Last edited:

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the input...now tell me to just buy the SCREW and keep it outside so i don't have to wait on the scab...haha

To be honest, the width of my garage might end up being my undoing regarding the scab also. I have a 2 car garage, so i really need to do the width measure to see if the SCAB for fit in with my wife's Ford Escape. If its not gonna fit width wise, then i guess my decision might already be made. I would really like to keep it inside....more for the sake of the sun than the snow...but like it was mentioned above, with it being the daily driver, its gonna get some weather on it. I guess its back to RaptorFinder to check out some SCREWS....just in case.

Not sure about your two car, but there’s not a chance my XLT will fit in the double car port with my wife’s Explorer. The escape isn’t as wide, but I still doubt I could fit anything other than a Fiesta in with an F150. And that’s not even a Raptor...

I’d definitely measure. But honestly, get the truck you want. You’re going to own the truck a LOT longer than you’ll wait for it. Doesn’t make sense to cater to the shorter time period.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice!!!

i keep my 2012 scab in the garage always. It has never spent a night outside as long as i have had it. In fact it has never even been in the rain. As you can guess it is not my daily driver. Only has 4300 miles on it. And i firmly believe in keeping a vehicle in the garage if at all possible. Even my daily driver is garaged. Makes it a lot better during those winter months when ice would be on the windshield. And in the summer when it would be baking in the sun.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Mine fits in the garage next to the wife's car and there is even enough room for the kids to get their bikes in and out. Power fold mirrors are handy because it lets me pull in within a few inches of the edge of the garage door (in my garage there is a little more width once inside the door)

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had shared garage time at my house. It all depended on who was taking the kids to daycare. I did Mon-Fri so I've had the advantage of parking inside all winter.

No more daycare means I will be parking outside. Just not enough room for the Expedition and Raptor in a 2 car garage with tools and a beer fridge and a few other odds and ends.

OP
OP
T

Tlh235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2 car garage only has cabinets in the front and bike racks on the side wall...we only use it for our cars. Nothing else is stored in there but length wise the SCAB will only fit...width wise, I haven't done any measurements but when I pull my wrangler in beside the Ford Escape I tend to pull in and then at a bit of an angle to give more room for her drivers side door to open. I have the same bit of space(about 12-14inches) once you pull into the garage on either side but only really helps to pull in and then at an angle a little bit to give a little more room to the other car. I'm gonna do some measuring some time this week....if it doesn't fit then it will just have to sit outside. Its gonna be my daily driver so it will get its fair share of outside time.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea because when you are driving around you are also in the garage.

i think its a nice ideal to keep it in the garage for storage, but unless you are driving it with a cover on it and perfect conditions 24/7. not really changing much.

Seriously, I hope you are kidding? Any time you can keep it away from sun, rain, and etc. it helps. Why do you think it cost more for covered/inside parking? We keep all equipment we can covered and it helps. Look around automobiles, planes, boats, tractors, even football stadiums last longer if covered.