Future Raptor Owner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sombra

Reaction score
New member here, just found out about this forum today. I look forward to the time I will spend here, seems like a great site.

Anyway, I drove a Raptor today. A black 2012 SuperCrew. Impressed would be putting it mildly. The seats are so comfortable and the ride is great. Killer looks.
I have a few questions and I hope this is the correct section of the site to post this.

Any differences between the 12, 13 and 14 models I should be aware of?

Does the 6.2 motor have a really good reputation for reliability?

And where do I find the specs for the Raptors? I need to know if it will fit into my garage. I have a 79" door opening. Also, the length and width of the Raptor and size gas tank.

Thanks for any help you can give me on my quest to own one!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! Couldnt agree more the Raptor is great! The first time i sat in the seats i felt like i was in a lazy boy sofa, they are incredibly comfortable and supportive. Cant argue with the killer looks of the Raptor, they are all there. For 13 and up they got the new Ford Sync center stack, and HID headlights. The 6.2 has definately proven its reliability with many people pushing well over 550 HP supercharged. Height wise i believe it is around 6-6 at the height.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost got either a 12 or 13 one thing I noticed in the 14 was the buttons were a little different mainly the heat warmer/cooler controls are in the touch screen on the 14. I also read somewhere that in either 12 or 13 they beefed up the frame where the bumps stops are, not sure if that's true though.

The motor should be fine

I'm not sure about the measurements but mr. Google should know that.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
You're going to be cutting it close with the garage height. As it won't stay stock for long, which means she'll gain another inch or two.

OP
OP
sombra

sombra

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes. I am really enjoying reading the threads on this forum, a lot of good info and opinions without all of the personal attacks and bs that derail so many other forums, love it! Btw, I have owned 3 vehicles since 1978. A 1978 Ford Bronco, a 1990 Bronco and currently a 2001 4x4 XLT SuperCrew with the 5.4. My truck has 104,000 miles and has never been to a mechanic other than maintenance.

I learned a bunch from the sticky above about year to year changes. And I looked up stock Raptor height, 78.5". So I would have a whole 1/2" clearance through my garage door, yikes! The good news is I am about to add a garage behind my house, was going to use it for my bass boat but might have to put my future Raptor there.

Where do ya'll look for Raptors for sale? There is Ebay, local dealerships, and Houston dealerships (I live in south Louisiana). Any advice?

Has anyone here bought from Ebay and would you do it again?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Bought mine from cars.com

I've bought a few cars sight unseen, and had no issues. But I know plenty of people that have done it and been a nightmare.

OP
OP
sombra

sombra

Reaction score
Bought mine from cars.com

I've bought a few cars sight unseen, and had no issues. But I know plenty of people that have done it and been a nightmare.

Thank you, great resource, cars.com

Is 3k over sticker a good price on a new 2014?