Funny Phone Call

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a phone call this past Friday and it was from my old dealer. Now, if anyone is familiar with all the shit I went through with this guy, it made this call hilarious. Of course I let it go to voicemail and listened to it later. This was the same dealer who refused to give me any information about my order and told me he would be "happy" to refund my deposit if I wanted. Ok...give me my deposit back and he did. I blew 48 days with this guy and ended up with nothing. Long story short...went to another dealer (Broadway), gave deposit and ordered...DONE! My Raptor is being built this Monday.
Now here's the funny part. I finally listen to the voicemail. I couldn't believe it was the same guy. He starts the message off by telling me he was just checking in with me to see how my luck has been looking for a Raptor. All the while, he has a tone to his voice like he was my best friend. But all I heard was...used car salesman. Anyway, he goes on to let me know that if I can't find one, he's got one coming in and he wanted to let me in on it. Well no shit! It's the one I originally ordered from him back in February. What the hell does he think I'm going do, buy this truck from him after he dicked me around so much before. Not gonna happen! Plus, I'm sure that our previous dealer was out the window and he was going to mark it up...a lot! I found the whole thing comical.
Anyway, I never called him back. However, I will pay him a visit once I'm back from my road trip to pick up my Raptor and show him how a real dealership does business.
I can't wait!

mike.s

Reaction score
Hah, similar thing happened to me when I first started looking for my Raptor. Initially I was interested in the base model, no luxury package, etc...

Well the salesman told me, there's no such thing as a base model and that all Raptors cost $60,000. I didn't waste any more time with him.

I ordered my raptor from somewhere else for $3,000 below msrp.

D

Deleted member 12951

I personally wouldn't waste your time even going back to the other dealer. I had the same thoughts when I bought my 2011 KR with another dealer that was jerking me around but in the long run when I finally got truck didn't even bother, the dealer already knows they were jerks, I didn't need to show them that.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should call him back and see what he wants to sell it to you for just for ***** and giggles Bob. I'm curious to see what he says.

Are you sure yours is still scheduled for build on 5/5 ?

A couple of us got bumped back to 5/6

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with RDFTS, don't waste your time. if this guy is that oblivious to call you like everything is great, he wont get it when you show up.
The mental density of these dealers is amazing.
The military might want to consider using salesperson brains instead of depleted uranium for armor piercing rounds.
Except uranium is probably more plentiful than salesperson brains......

OP
OP
SVT Bob18

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should call him back and see what he wants to sell it to you for just for ***** and giggles Bob. I'm curious to see what he says.

Are you sure yours is still scheduled for build on 5/5 ?

A couple of us got bumped back to 5/6

Last I checked, it was 5/5. But that was a few weeks ago...5/5 or 5/6...doesn't matter to me. I'll call SVT Monday morning and check.
Are you still heading to Dearborn for your build?

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

I personally wouldn't waste your time even going back to the other dealer. I had the same thoughts when I bought my 2011 KR with another dealer that was jerking me around but in the long run when I finally got truck didn't even bother, the dealer already knows they were jerks, I didn't need to show them that.

Yeah, you're right. I just have that mentality that makes me, make SOME people aware of the fact that they f**ked up.
I'll probably just let it go.

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last I checked, it was 5/5. But that was a few weeks ago...5/5 or 5/6...doesn't matter to me. I'll call SVT Monday morning and check.
Are you still heading to Dearborn for your build?

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Yeah, you're right. I just have that mentality that makes me, make SOME people aware of the fact that they f**ked up.
I'll probably just let it go.

Yes sir, 6am Tuesday morning. I know I'm not gonna sleep for shit Monday night. I'll be like a little kid on Christmas eve excited to open presents in the morning. :rotflmao:
I will post some pics when they email them to me :cheers:

IDK if I could let them off easy. If I were in your position, I'd HAVE TO have a little fun with the situation and string them along for a while and **** with them just like they did to you. I'm part Italian. And we don't get mad (actually we do lol) , we get even

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I went to the bigger SVT dealer that was close to me to check out a fully optioned 2012 blue flame, the salesmen responded with "dreaming are you"... Needless to say I went elsewhere to buy...

JB 2014 Raptor SCrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went to the bigger SVT dealer that was close to me to check out a fully optioned 2012 blue flame, the salesmen responded with "dreaming are you"... Needless to say I went elsewhere to buy...

Oh no he didn't.

If i were you, I would have went back and had him come outside and showered him the truck you bought elsewhere and then told him to go **** himself. Please tell me you did that :shrug: